Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Laptop to get?
I think it's funny that you say you don't really know much about hardware, so you ask us. Then in the end don't take our advice xD

Personally, I think you're going to regret not getting something with a dedi-GPU.
(08-10-2011, 05:10 PM)Terridax Wrote: I think it's funny that you say you don't really know much about hardware, so you ask us. Then in the end don't take our advice xD

Personally, I think you're going to regret not getting something with a dedi-GPU.

What the hell are you talking about?
Someone suggested a Lenovo so i'm getting a Lenovo.
(08-10-2011, 06:48 PM)angusburrito Wrote: What the hell are you talking about?
Someone suggested a Lenovo so i'm getting a Lenovo.
Lol, my bad... posted that when I was really tired, and thought you said you were getting the same laptop that you posted in your original post (the pictures looked the same xD).

But I still think you'll regret getting a laptop without a dedicated GPU, if you're using it for gaming of any sort.
(08-10-2011, 06:56 PM)Terridax Wrote: Lol, my bad... posted that when I was really tired, and thought you said you were getting the same laptop that you posted in your original post (the pictures looked the same xD).

But I still think you'll regret getting a laptop without a dedicated GPU, if you're using it for gaming of any sort.
Whats a dedicated GPU?
lol
It means that it will have an actual graphics card, instead of just using the built-in graphics chip that's on the motherboard. The ASUS that I posted earlier in the thread has a GT 540M, which is a pretty good card, especially for a laptop.

If you want, here is one that is a little closer to your price-range (dunno if you already ordered the other one or not): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834220868
Newegg also offer free shipping on it, so you'd have that going for ya too ;)
Laptops are much better now... I got mine in 2008 with a dedicated GPU - Dell XPS M1530 so unportable lol. I'm considering getting a new laptop soon so people's suggestions here have been helpful to me too. Also look on slickdeals.net then click laptops and see if you like any of the deals. That's where I'm looking too.

Your choice is nice too... mine only goes up to 4GB ram.
(08-10-2011, 07:24 PM)Terridax Wrote: It means that it will have an actual graphics card, instead of just using the built-in graphics chip that's on the motherboard. The ASUS that I posted earlier in the thread has a GT 540M, which is a pretty good card, especially for a laptop.

If you want, here is one that is a little closer to your price-range (dunno if you already ordered the other one or not): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834220868
Newegg also offer free shipping on it, so you'd have that going for ya too ;)

Eh, I think i'm going to get the Lenovo, the computer I have now has good graphics and its a lower end Dell Inspiron, the only prob with this is when i'm playing Minecraft I always run out of memory and it has 4GB of RAM and the Lenovo has 6GB of RAM.
I also don't like that ASUS because it only has 4GB of RAM and a 500GB HDD.
When the Lenovo has a 640GB HDD.
I also wanted a Intel Core i5. o_O

EDIT: I see it has a i5 neow.
durp
There's no reason you should be running out of RAM with 4 gigs. Sure you're not running out of graphic memory?

Also, the HD in the ASUS might be smaller, but it's 7200rpm, where the Lenovo is a 5400rpm, so all your stuff would read/write faster on the ASUS which would make it faster.
(08-10-2011, 08:02 PM)Terridax Wrote: There's no reason you should be running out of RAM with 4 gigs. Sure you're not running out of graphic memory?

Also, the HD in the ASUS might be smaller, but it's 7200rpm, where the Lenovo is a 5400rpm, so all your stuff would read/write faster on the ASUS which would make it faster.

Yea well, I don't really want to order the ASUS as the Lenovo is at my local Best Buy and i'm just going to buy it there. Oui
Well, I have an HP and I love it. Would recommend a "Pavilion"