Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.ws domain names
What do you guys think of the .ws domain names? Do you trust them? Would you buy one? I'm thinking of getting one for my portfolio or personal blog, and would like to know what you guys think.
Why wouldn't we trust them? WS stands for WebSite. It's just like .com. I'd say they're fine.
[Image: vnXBe.gif]
(08-07-2011, 12:38 AM)Top Wrote: Why wouldn't we trust them? WS stands for WebSite. It's just like .com. I'd say they're fine.

From what I heard a lot of warez sites use them.
(08-07-2011, 12:40 AM)davidmarker Wrote: From what I heard a lot of warez sites use them.

That has no bearing from site to site with a .ws domain. An average doesn't mean anything in the webmaster's world. If you want the domain then go for it, otherwise go with a more common one like .org, .net, or .com

I haven't seen any of them around from my experience, so worst case could be that google takes it off their search pages completely if they get abused too much. Same goes with any other search engine.
A lot of malicous websites use standard domains, but people still trust them. Go for it, not like it would hurt.
Yeah i use a .ws for my BH forum, because the domain is not owned by the US so they can't shut it down. Tongue
and btw; .ws stands for West Samoa

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wedding Website Names: Real Examples & Tips to Choose a Perfect One tk-hassan 0 266 12-15-2020, 12:25 AM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  Selling some domain names Sam 6 1,542 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity