Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Start Ruby?
I'm thinking about learning Ruby, I'm not sure though. It seems extremely similar to batch though, any Ruby coders here want to give me some ideas weather I should or not?
I saw you were looking into Python as well. I think the syntax of Ruby is a little easier to understand, which makes it easier to learn. But at the same time, Python has more libraries and I think you'd be able to accomplish more with with.

Just a side note, it's far more advanced than batch, and I think you'll find it's not like it at all ;)
Oh, I just thought with it running by command line it was very similar.

So, you was to choose out of Python or Ruby to learn, which would you choose?
I personally would choose Python, but I'm sure there's others that would choose Ruby, so don't choose Python just cuz that's what I chose ;)

Either way, they're both decent languages to learn, and I think you'll be happy with either one.
Yes, Ruby is a very challenging coding language but it's a very good one to know how to code in as there are not many Ruby coders out there now a days.
I'm debating between Ruby or Python.
Go with Python, or learn a different unique scripting language like Perl or PHP. You can even get into the world of PowerShell scripting, otherwise I would recommend Assembly. A bit of a challenge, but you won't find anything to make it any easier to learn later down the road. It's a unique language.

If you go with Delphi or Java, you can develop for cross-platform applications. Both are verry compatible between Linux, Apple/Mac, and Windows.
Like Ace suggested try Python. You should make a research about the coding languages you want to learn before to get started.

[Image: tumblr_l1q0cxbD0h1qzjz68o1_250.gif]

(08-22-2011, 10:55 AM)0ld_F4T_N!gg4™ Wrote: Like Ace suggested try Python. You should make a research about the coding languages you want to learn before to get started.

Or to learn what he's interested in, which would be the biggest thing. I'm surprised perl doesn't replace PHP, but it's uncommon to find perl scriptwriters.
I'am thinking of learning this to but looking into python, please Pm me and let me know how you get on with it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Started With Ruby eax 7 4,729 12-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine
  [Tut] How to install Ruby on Mac, Windows and Linux Jordan L. 13 7,610 12-13-2012, 07:49 AM
  Ruby eBook sockatobi 7 2,778 12-13-2012, 07:48 AM
  what is ruby on rails DaUB3R 3 1,850 11-01-2012, 04:20 AM
Last Post: johnnymward
  How to make a calculator in ruby. Soundwave 10 9,698 08-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Boo‌