Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any moviemaking communities?
Hello!
Recently I have been very interested in moviemaking and have adobe after effects downloaded and ready to try but I do not have any movies or clips to try on, so I would like to ask someone if they are willing to share theirs and I'd credit them if I ever upload on youtube or anything.

So I am looking after a moviemaking community or several communities where I can ask this question and if any of you have clips you would like to share, it would be nice. Believe me!

EDIT: So basicly what I am looking for is some raw footage so I can edit them for my training.
[Image: wugcpy.png]

The best bro, type in google "video copilot" you will learn alot.
You won't come across much footage that you can just download for free, at least not good quality stocks. Most of the good stuff on the internet is royalty free, and you have to pay around £5 per clip.
Pass Candy, yea I now that and I have access to most of their tutorials and downloads, how ever I would like som clips to test on.

Fragma; Where can I buy those clips then?

(08-05-2011, 08:42 AM)Support Wrote: Pass Candy, yea I now that and I have access to most of their tutorials and downloads, how ever I would like som clips to test on.

Fragma; Where can I buy those clips then?

Honestly, I think you're better off going out and investing in a video camera. Stock footage can get really expensive, and you will save yourself tons of money in the long run by shooting your own footage (you can even turn around and sell it as stock footage, and MAKE some money Big Grin).
There is something called FriFond here in Norway. It's an organization that supports teenagers with money if they are creative and have something nice to do. I have requested money there.

I, my self have only like 400$ now and that isn't good enough for a good camera which I want so I am waiting.

I would do as Terridax suggested once you have enough money. And if you're after some slightly more interesting footage that you maybe can't take yourself, then have a little look at ShutterStock.com. They have some amazing stuff.

Best of luck.

Oh, almost forgot, I've used http://www.stockfootageforfree.com sometimes. It doesn't have loads of stuff, and none of it is amazing, but it's free.
Thanks Fragma! These two sites will come in handy!
Anyone got more suggestions? And do you any of you know of any video community? Mostly based on producing own movie?

Thanks!

Depends what kind of stuff you want to know how to do. Movie making is a huge genre, and there are many sub-genres that fall into it. Tell me what kind of programs & work you'd like to start doing & I'll be able to help you out.
I'd like to work with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere. I am going to start with small movies and maybe move in to something bigger with time. I am looking for a community where those programs and short movies are being discussed as well as shooting techniques and such stuff (: