Poll: what should i install?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
win xp
12.50%
1 12.50%
win 7
87.50%
7 87.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this pc any good?
I have the option of having win 7 or xp not vista.... i rfuse to use vista Big Grin

i chosing xp thats all cause i have recently brought a HP computer with vista on so we will be getting win 7 for free (not encluding posting and packaging) so what should i install wn 7 or leave it as xp?

i have added a poll Big Grin
(10-25-2009, 03:42 AM)Marda Wrote: I have the option of having win 7 or xp not vista.... i rfuse to use vista Big Grin

i chosing xp thats all cause i have recently brought a HP computer with vista on so we will be getting win 7 for free (not encluding posting and packaging) so what should i install wn 7 or leave it as xp?

i have added a poll Big Grin

Definitely Windows 7, 64 bit. By the way, are you sure it's Dual core, or quad core? Is the RAM DDR3?
errrr... my mistake people don't think it is dual or a quad core.... here are the specs

- POWER SUPPLY Amacrox Freestyle 750w Heavy Duty Power Supply Unit
- MAINBOARD Intel Chipset Gigabyte GA-X58 UD3R
- PROCESSOR Intel i7 920 Processor
- RAM 6GB DDR3 RAM G-SKILL
- HARD DRIVE Seagate/Samsung 1 Terabyte SATA Hard Drive
- GRAPHICS Nvidia GTS 250 1GB - PCI Express Graphics Card
- SOUND Onboard 8 Channel Hi Definition Soundcard
- OPTICAL DRIVE 20x Dual Layer DVD Burner with Lightscribe
- LAN Onboard LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s Network Card
- CARD READER All In One Multimedia Card Reader

ofcoarse it has no wireless but that isn't a problem
It's a little pricey.
soz it is quad core deffintly Big Grin
Any good?

Depends on what you want to do with it doesn't it?

For example, my PC, works very smoothly, I can run Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare on it very well,
yet my PC, has nowhere near the amount of RAM or video memory, that PC has!

The price sounds okay to me, as the last time I bought a PC, you just didn't get that amount of spec for that sort of price.

I can understand the need to have a PC with ninja specs, if you want to run some of the latest games on it,
but if you were not going to run any games, or any other exceptionally demanding graphics applications,
then a PC like that would probably be fine. I would like to have it!

Also, I would use XP, as with Windows 7 being so new and all, it could take a while to get rid of whatever bugs it may have in its early days of release.

Windows XP may not be as new, but it works very well, if you know how to keep it optimzed, and it can also look very cool as well,
depending on what theme you may use for it!
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:Also, I would use XP, as with Windows 7 being so new and all, it could take a while to get rid of whatever bugs it may have in its early days of release.

I would not follow this advice. Windows 7 has been ready for months. ( as stated by microsoft ) Im a windows 7 user for a few months now and i can tell you i have not had one problem with it yet. To me its a working version of vista.

Im dual boot win7/vista and vista i have problems all the time. So i recommend getting windows 7.
Yea its not too bad. Loads of ram which is largely useless but still not a bad pc.
Despite the desire of members here to push you to 7 i would say not too.
Stay with xp for another 6 months or so and enjoy all it has to offer. Then go up to 7 and deal with it. Smile
But yea perhaps a bit pricey but still a good pc mate.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

You didnt say why to stay with xp for 6months lol? Theres no need to! Windows 7 is so lighter on ram the vista. I say move away from xp, its time to die has past Tongue
7 is lighter on ram than vista i agree. But then again so is 3 versions of xp runnin at once lol.
I say 6 months for several reasons.
1) 3rd party support.... No brainer i thought.
2) Windows support..... Was due to stop already but im not sure.
3) Security. Hackers will be targeting the new system and its new firewall IMHO.

Beyond that XP just works mate. Damn i was using Windows 7 9 months ago and got told by a wise man "go back to XP man its just a better choice".
I wonder if the wise man i will back me on this one? Smile Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM