Poll: what should i install?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
win xp
12.50%
1 12.50%
win 7
87.50%
7 87.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is this pc any good?
Quote:1) 3rd party support.... No brainer i thought.

I havnt run into anything that didn't work on windows7. I go thru alot of software etc, and everything works perfectly.

Quote:3) Security. Hackers will be targeting the new system and its new firewall IMHO.

It's a no brainer to be secure. Everyone knows you can't rely on windows firewall alone. Not much people act on it though, so they suffer is there own fault.
Not here to fight mate. Ya wanna do that come to my forum and i will MORE than supply you what you need Smile
Daemon tools. There ya go. First thing i could think of. Its a disk emulator. Dont work on 7.
Zone alarm 4 weeks ago did not work on 7.
Windows webcam i own dont work on 7 and tested 3 days ago lol.

So perhaps go google some more dick?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-27-2009, 04:11 AM)malcomhfc Wrote: It's a no brainer to be secure. Everyone knows you can't rely on windows firewall alone. Not much people act on it though, so they suffer is there own fault.

Well I don't think that you would find that many members here,
relying solely upon the Windows firewall, apart from the newer, less experienced members perhaps.

There is little doubt that XP works very efficiently as well!

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7. Windows 2K and possibly other Windows OS's, as well,
were all built on the Windows NT OS, which was always considered to be very reliable.

A lot of members here, find Windows XP to be very smooth, fast, reliable and is also very customizable as well.

It is just something that you can really depend upon!
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
i have now tried the RC of win 7 and imo runs a lot more faster then windows xp... but xp is a lot more secure at the MOMENT and has more programs that are compatable so i am still at dead point.... xp or wni 7 i am considering win xp then switching to win 7 later on
yes it is

too good
(10-27-2009, 04:19 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Not here to fight mate. Ya wanna do that come to my forum and i will MORE than supply you what you need Smile
Daemon tools. There ya go. First thing i could think of. Its a disk emulator. Dont work on 7.
Zone alarm 4 weeks ago did not work on 7.
Windows webcam i own dont work on 7 and tested 3 days ago lol.

So perhaps go google some more dick?

Dick? I thought you said you wernt here to fight? I was just having fun. Was amusing myself in college doing web design.

Oki im pretty sure i said "I havn't run into anything that didn't work on windows7"

Now i know stuff doesn't work on windows 7, it's expected. Just saying really vendors have had months and months on end to release there drives and if your web cam doesn't work because of driver.(if that's the problem) Then thats there own fault.

My point is, waiting 6months down the line is not needed this time round. God windows vista more like wait 2 years then you can install it sucessfully and not run into a problem for 'weeks' most of the time.

Windows 7 is great and for the amount of people i know who use it (alot) No one has a bad thing to say about it.

Oh btw i lied about one thing. Tried to play this game made for windows 2000 and it didnt work on windows 7 Hehe

Now cheer up, i don't wanna be enemies with you just yet! Just got here Devlish
(10-27-2009, 05:33 AM)Marda Wrote: i have now tried the RC of win 7 and imo runs a lot more faster then windows xp... but xp is a lot more secure at the MOMENT and has more programs that are compatable so i am still at dead point.... xp or wni 7 i am considering win xp then switching to win 7 later on

Yeah, Windows 7 will definitely be the prime choice as an OS with those specs. By the way, which programs are you trying to run on W7 that aren't compatible? Usually, Windows Vista drivers will do the trick until more manufacturers come out with the W7 drivers.

Also, the i7 920 is a quad core 2.67 ghz @ stock.
yer i was ore think along the lines of cisual basic 2008 c++ but microsoft would probs realese something the works on win 7...
(10-27-2009, 05:37 PM)Marda Wrote: yer i was ore think along the lines of cisual basic 2008 c++ but microsoft would probs realese something the works on win 7...

Yeah, have you tried it yet on Windows 7, it probably works just fine.
(10-27-2009, 05:37 PM)Marda Wrote: yer i was ore think along the lines of cisual basic 2008 c++ but microsoft would probs realese something the works on win 7...

Works great for me. Its when you install microsoft sql with it. But simple fix is get sp1 for microsoft sql then it works with windows 7.

Im on visual studios so, i get it all and i get the SQL error. I just havn't been arsed to update.