Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
♣Photoshop♣ | ♥How to do a Anaglyph Image♥
First of all I can imagine 85% of you will be thinking right now. What is Anaglyph Image you freak? Well basically people know it as the 3D(ish) kind of effect which uses the two colours cyan and red to create a 3D effect and often need to use those weird freaky glasses. So today I will teach you how I make ANY picture into one of these freaky deaky images. It's so simple even my dead pet spider can do it!

Step 1 :
Open Photoshop and open ANY picture of your choice. I will use a simple e-whore picture.

Step 2 :
Simply just right click the layer and click duplicate layer.

[Image: SCzVS1.jpg]

Step 3 :
Now just double click the top layer and a little dialog box should pop up. Should look like this.

[Image: beDZ2O.jpg]

Step 4 :
Now nothing too hard you might want to focus on this bit. It can get advanced. Untick the box R. I know it can get hard (haha)

[Image: bRsHMv.jpg]

Step 5 :
Make sure you have the Select Tool if not just press V. Then make sure you have the top layer selected. And just adjust it till it looks right. I usually just do two down and two right on the keyboard. but it could but more depending on the image.

And that is simply all haha. Nothing more. Just save it now and you are complete. Here are some more links that may come in handy :
Wikipedia Anaglyph Image
Hah, that's actually really neat.

I'm going to try this out later xD
I'm 90% sure that's not going to make it a 3d image. For 3d to work, you need two different images of the same subject. For example, you would take a picture of that girl you used in the example, then move the camera about 3 inches to the right and take another picture. This is to emulate the image that you would see out of each eye.

The way you have done it, it might cause the whole image to look like it's popping in/out, but it will still appear to be a flat image.
(08-01-2011, 07:16 AM)Terridax Wrote: I'm 90% sure that's not going to make it a 3d image. For 3d to work, you need two different images of the same subject. For example, you would take a picture of that girl you used in the example, then move the camera about 3 inches to the right and take another picture. This is to emulate the image that you would see out of each eye.

The way you have done it, it might cause the whole image to look like it's popping in/out, but it will still appear to be a flat image.

It's a form of 3D. Named Anaglyph. The one you're talking about it another form of 3D. But thanks for your input.
(08-01-2011, 07:16 AM)Terridax Wrote: I'm 90% sure that's not going to make it a 3d image. For 3d to work, you need two different images of the same subject. For example, you would take a picture of that girl you used in the example, then move the camera about 3 inches to the right and take another picture. This is to emulate the image that you would see out of each eye.

It's a form of 3D. Named Anaglyph. The one you're talking about it another form of 3D. But thanks for your input.
Thanks for this tutorial bro, it's great Smile
This is neat, never thought of trying it before I saw this!

I like the pic you used Tongue
@YoClassicz

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tutorial: Render an image in Photoshop RPicard 8 1,885 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM
Last Post: RPicard
  Fireworks: Image as fill in another image Noobiew 1 1,052 10-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Lord_Scorch