Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cooler Superbar [Mini-TuT]
Hey guys,

Most of you probably already know this but you can make the Windows 7 Superbar smaller. It looks a lot more attractive in my opinion and makes things a little tidier.

Before:
[Image: xoe16o.jpg]

After:
[Image: f1jryx.jpgg]

1. Right click the Taskbar

2. Choose Properties

3. Check Use Small Icons.

4. Click Apply

It's that simple.

It depends on your preference I suppose but I really do prefer the smaller version. Try it out for yourself.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

i though everybody knew that. anyways nice mini tut.

xp>7
I think the smaller icons would look better, you know on Windows 7 can you have the task bar the same as xp or vista in the themes settings? I've never used 7 before hence why i am asking.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-23-2009, 07:36 PM)Codine Wrote: I think the smaller icons would look better, you know on Windows 7 can you have the task bar the same as xp or vista in the themes settings? I've never used 7 before hence why i am asking.

Yep, you can. Just go to properties and change taskbar buttons to "never combine".
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Ahh, excellent stuff, thanks for clearing that up for me i think i may have to try it now.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Are you sure you didn't just make the picture smaller?
Tongue

It looks out of proportion! But thank you, I could never figure out how to do it!
wow Big Grin looks nice imo tho i think it looks better big
(10-23-2009, 08:16 PM)Extasey Wrote: Are you sure you didn't just make the picture smaller?
Tongue

It looks out of proportion! But thank you, I could never figure out how to do it!

It looks funny at first but it's quite attractive.

I also moved my taskbar to top and set it to autohide and removed the status bar on my browser and re-sized the browser to fit the whole screen.
[Image: arch2.png]
I'm using Windows 7, but I prefer the Vista look of the taskbar.

So, I customized it to my liking.

[Image: superbar.png]
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
Agreed. Smaller icons look way better.
[Image: mint.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Mini-Tut] How to view/copy special characters Nemmyy 3 971 09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  [TUT] How to center your items in the task-bar [TUT] Explosions Hurt 15 2,476 05-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Pk3r_Pjer