Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LQ posting
I've seen a lot of low quality posting ever since I came here, just like if they were getting paid to post. I guess it's mostly because people come here for the support feather, but a hint towards those who are: It's not just 100 posts, they should be of quality as well and not just "Yes I agree with you!" and/or repeat what another one has already said.

Please, keep this forum of quality, I like it but honestly, topics like this:

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=20604

"Is Quickscoping a good idea?

What do you guys think?
I think quickscoping is awesome."

Typical low quality post. Good topic, but no opinions what so ever, just a statement.

These forums will be much more amusing if everyone together try to stay high quality and discuss.

Thanks for reading,
- Skyset
We're all entitled to our own opinions. So, in my opinion, your opinion sucks.
Hahaha i remember reading this thread and i agree with you 100%, Omni said he would ban LQ posters on here and HF if he catches them so i guess that's all whats going to happen at the moment.
I noticed someone low quality posting the other day just so he/she could get the Support Forums feather. I didn't want to say anything because I rather avoid conflicts on a website like this one where the main purpose it so help each other. Within 1 day said member got over 120 posts and hasn't been on since. I've seen him on HF and sure enough he/she is sporting the Support Forums feather. 90% of his/her posts are things like "Thanks I really need this.", "I will use this later on.", and other short sentences.
Now I'm in no way trying to say that I'm a high quality poster myself but if I come across a thread that I know I can contribute nothing to, then I refrain from posting in it.
Even as I type this I just noticed another member who is using the same sentence in the majority of his/her posts. He/she is just changing one or two words around so that it'll apply to the topic of the thread.
[Image: 1blQe]
Happens all the time bro, it's amazing what people will do for a cute little feather under their username Tongue Omni should take away the award or at least make it harder to earn. Will help stamp down on the spammers.
[Image: 6Z7z1Q6r2H5h7.jpg]
I also hate LQ posting, I am hear to help others that need my advice or knowledge, in the process trying to keep my posts as high quality as I possibly can.
Yes it happens, we try and deal with it. When you see it report it and no the award is not going.
(07-23-2011, 11:43 AM)Sam Wrote: Yes it happens, we try and deal with it. When you see it report it and no the award is not going.

Yeah, will do. The award explanation should be something more like "Earn this for over 100 high quality posts at Support Forums (you will be banned if caught LQ posting regularly)", or something likely.

I don't know, maybe it's too harsh. The current explanation is "100 posts at support forums" so that could be any kind of posts.
We're all entitled to our own opinions. So, in my opinion, your opinion sucks.
Maybe when you get reported for lq posting on here, - 5 posts on hf? I agree, this seems to be the place where people come for an easy award...
I feel like there could possibly be a better way to earn the award. Maybe to make it an award for being a member on this site for so many months with a daily post count of 2+ or something?
I understand this award has already been made but I can see why this can cause a problem on this forum site and feel like it would make the community lack as a whole because of it.
[Image: odILW.png]
I'd agree with that, but Omni makes it too easy so that people will go for it (spam) and leave. It's just his main idea for attraction to the site here. One thing I would say is that he can't rely on that forever to get activity here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A low quality post that is totally worth posting. manipulate 0 575 10-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Last Post: manipulate
  Guidelines **MUST READ BEFORE POSTING** FirefoxWiz 0 767 03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Last Post: FirefoxWiz