Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New laptop for 10 year old
Am based out of India, can anyone suggest what configuration and brand should one go for. His main use would be internet access, school projects, song and movie downloads, photo down/uploads, movie downloads and games. I am hearing Dual core is outdated and we have i3,i5,i7. Which one has HDMI cable, memory stick slots and is more user friendly. There are choices of brands here like Vaio, Toshiba, HCL, Dell and Acer. Appreciate your knowledgable thoughts Thumbsup
Personally I would buy an asus laptop, they are the best. For a child something friendly like EEE PC would work fine.

I doubt your child will notice any difference of the framerate in any games, this doesn't require you to buy a powerful gaming laptop but I sugggest you to buy a laptop that can run games, don't need to be smooth unless he notice the difference.
Tell me a price you're looking to spend and i will try help find you the perfect computer.
For just doing what you need to do you shouldn't need a high budget. I would suggest choosing any Intel Core processor you would like, weather it be i3, i5, or i7, they should do good.

My laptop isn't that good, but I only got it for $700 and I do all kinds of stuff with it, so you shouldn't have a problem.
(07-20-2011, 07:16 AM)Patrick Wrote: Tell me a price you're looking to spend and i will try help find you the perfect computer.

@ Patrick, I can extend my budget to about $800 so that he could use it alteast for 5 years.