Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sprained ankle
Hello!

I've sprained my ankle. I ran in the stairs and fell with my foot in the wrong direction and I rolled it just like this:

[Image: F3puQ.jpg]

I believe it could be a torn calcaneofibular ligiment, since I'm swollen right there.

Anyhow, this was three weeks ago. My ankle is still swollen as hell and I can't even run. What do you think I should do at home? I will go see a doctor soon enough but until that, I'd like to be able to walk normally at least.

Thanks in advance.

- Skyset
We're all entitled to our own opinions. So, in my opinion, your opinion sucks.
I highly recommend you see a Doctor, or if this is still causing major problems a MRI. The MRI should be able to see if you've torn something. Make sure you elevate it, rest it, the obvious stuff however that's all the help I can provide to you. I advise you seek medical help if this is still a problem though.
Ouch, that looks like that really hurt, did you get it checked out?
I'll go see a doctor in the next few days. I'll update here how it goes Smile
The same thing happened to me in my school Basketball Game, I rolled my ankle. The only difference is mine was broken. I went to the doctor 2 days later,and I got a "Cam Boot". This allowed me to walk without crutches. The only thing was I had to put minimal weight on my affected foot. You should not have waited this long to see the doctor, go to him/her ASAP, seriously!
Sorry for any typos, I usually browse the web on my iPad.
(07-17-2011, 01:40 PM)HELPERx360 Wrote: The same thing happened to me in my school Basketball Game, I rolled my ankle. The only difference is mine was broken. I went to the doctor 2 days later,and I got a "Cam Boot". This allowed me to walk without crutches. The only thing was I had to put minimal weight on my affected foot. You should not have waited this long to see the doctor, go to him/her ASAP, seriously!

If I had broken it I wouldn't be able to walk though. But yeah I will go see a doctor.
(07-17-2011, 06:04 PM)Skyset Wrote: If I had broken it I wouldn't be able to walk though. But yeah I will go see a doctor.
Of course, I know that. But when I was 11, I sprained it as well, for future reference go to the doctor ASAP. Also may I ask why you waited 3 weeks, also I hope your leg feels better soon. Smile
Wish you the best bro.
Sorry for any typos, I usually browse the web on my iPad.
I play a lot of sports and sprain my ankles more than i would like to. I hope you don't have any serious problems with it.
[Image: abomxofogox.png]
(07-17-2011, 06:26 PM)HELPERx360 Wrote: Of course, I know that. But when I was 11, I sprained it as well, for future reference go to the doctor ASAP. Also may I ask why you waited 3 weeks, also I hope your leg feels better soon. Smile
Wish you the best bro.

Lazyness I guess.
Time for an update.

I rolled my ankle again. Same ankle. Just two hours ago.

Sigh.. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow.