Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COD Black Ops: Weapons Guide: Commando [11/07/2011]
[Image: CODBlackOps2.png]

Greetings fans of the Call Of Duty franchise!

I'm back! And what better way to make my return after many weeks than to post another one of my Weapon Guides.
This is the fifth edition of my, so far, extremely successful COD Black Ops Weapon Guide series.
If you haven't seen the previous ones yet, you can check out the guides index here.
This is a series of Black Ops guides aimed at helping the players to get a better understanding of how these weapons fare on the battlefield. They are based on my unbiased thoughts and opinions as an experienced gamer.

I will be posting these often, so be sure to leave your suggestions for the next weapons guide.
If I miss something, or if I need to correct something, be sure to give appropriate sources along with your feedback. Lets begin!
So, without further ado, lets begin!

Note: The following guide is only for Multiplayer. There is a section for Zombies, provided the gun is available in a Zombies game without cheats/mods

Today's featured weapon is:

Commando

[Image: Menu_mp_weapons_commando.png]

Type: Assault Rifle (Fully Automatic)
Unlocked at: Level 44
Price: [Image: 8pxcodpointssvg.png] 2000
Pickup Image:
[Image: Hud_commandopng12864.png]
Ammunition: 120 (starting) ~ 240 (maximum)
Magazine size: 30 rounds ~ 45 rounds (w/ Extended Mags)
Reload time (approx.): 2.0 seconds (Not completely empty)
2.5 seconds (Completely empty)
Rate Of Fire (ROF): 750 rpm
Damage: 40-30

[Image: blackchaosbriefrundown.png]

The Commando is available for purchase at Level 44 at the cost of 2000 COD Points.

The Commando is one of my favorite assault rifles in most combat situations due to its useful advantages like quick draw speed, short reload time and very stable iron sights.
It is similar to the AK-47 and Galil in terms power, range and recoil, but the above advantages place it in a league of its own.

The weapon's recoil, while moderate at medium ranges, can become a bother during prolonged firefights at longer ranges, though, as with most assault rifles, burst firing can help mitigate this problem.
Overall, the Commando is perhaps the most versatile gun in the game and, in my opinion, a far better choice than the AK-47 in competitive warfare terms.

[Image: attachments.png]
  • Red Dot Sight [6/10]
    The RDS is probably a waste on this weapon as its iron sights are capable of handling its own under any conditions.

• Grenade Launcher [5/10]
    Grenade Launchers, although useful for clearing out large groups of enemies, is not as useful as some other attachments in terms of combat.

• Flamethrower [5/10]
    Close range combat may be a ton easier with a flamethrower at hand, it still doesn't make up for wasting it out in long range spars.

• ACOG Sight [6/10]
    Even with extra zooming capabilities, the ACOG Sight is still not necessary for the Commando.

• Reflex Sight [6/10]
    Same as Red Dot Sight. Redundant.

• Masterkey [7/10]
    Actually useful for dispatching opponents in close-quartered battles, but still lacks luster in comparison to the usual attachments of use like-

• Suppressor [9/10]
    The Suppressor, as always, finds its way into the arsenal of an assault rifle primarily due to its capability of enhancing the combatant's stealth and deadliness. I recommended attachment as always.

• Dual Mag [10/10]
    By far, my favorite attachment is always Dual Mags. I'm not being biased. Its simply due to its usefulness. It doesn't detract anything from the gun and only enhances its ferocity in battle.

• Infrared Scope[5/10]
    A fully automatic assault rifle, when equipped with an IR Scope is quite hard to manage. Especially due to the fact that your visibility is greatly decreased and you are vulnerable when scoped in.

• Extended Mag [8/10]
    Useful like the Dual Mags, but less so. Simply because it isn't Dual Mags.

[Image: perkss.png]

Along with the attachments, there are also Perks to consider when choosing the perfect class for this weapon. Here are a few of the best suited perks to this weapon

[Image: 128px-Perk_hardline_256_pro.png]
Hardline is the perk to have and it works well with any assault rifle. Get in those kills fast and dish out some death-dealing payloads faster.

[Image: 128px-Perk_sleight_of_hand_256_pr.png]
Sleight Of Hand is probably the best perk you can have when using the Commando. The fast reload coupled with the Commando's already quick reload time, and in conjunction with Dual Mags, makes reloading in the midst of battle a little more than a magic trick.

[Image: 128px-Perk_hacker_256_pro.png]
Hacker is also useful as a perk. Many a times it has saved me from foolishly stepping in the way of a stray claymore and helps to spot any hidden spy cameras or Sentry Guns.

[Image: blackchaosclasses.png]

[Image: COMMANDOCLASSSES.png]

[Image: finalverdict.png]
[10/10]
Not many guns get the honor of getting a full rating from me, but the Commando is not, by a long shot, like any other gun in the game. Great for both beginners and advanced players.

[Image: zombies.png]
The Commando can be obtained by using the Mystery Box and is very effective when used in combination with Speed Cola due to both high accuracy and power (1 hit head shot until round 6). However, its high RoF may burn through ammo quickly, especially if the player is using Double Tap Root Beer.

[Image: CommandoPredator.png]

When the Commando is Pack-A-Punched, it is renamed as the "Predator". It gains a 40 round magazine and Dual Mags along with higher damage (1-hit head shot until round 12) and extra ammunition.

So that's the Commando. I hope you enjoyed this guide and learned a little about this weapon. Hopefully, you appreciate the great amount of time it took to make this guide by leaving a comment, dropping me a PM, sending me bouquet of white roses or something like that.

Which weapon should I showcase next? Please leave your suggestion below.

Guide compiled by BlackChaos
Epic guide as usual bc! You're still my tutorials guru! XD

Oo thats awesome! You like the commando? Tongue
I think the commando is one of the best guns to use in Zombies. To me the commando is just about the same as the M4 in MW1 and MW2. I really don't like this gun that much. I always use a silencer and this gun just doesn't perform very well when you put a silencer on it.
I love the Commando. Great guide btw.
Now that is a detailed gun analysis.
10/10
I wouldn't mind seeing more of these
Great tut, keep it up I'm sure this will help many new players Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which CoD did you start with? Black Ghost 100 21,866 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Fifa 13 or CoD Black Ops 2 glitches for xbox 360????????? robgh1 3 1,384 07-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Wonders
  [XBOX ]Playing Black Ops All Night, Join Me. F.ate 8 1,849 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Last Post: chasejjj
  COD Modern Warfare 3: Weapon Guides - SCAR-L [11/05/2012] BlackChaos 0 1,421 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  Highest Round You've Gotten on CoD: BO Zombies? Professor Oak 36 4,757 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Magma