Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Started volunteering today
Working at a Nursing home in a Hospital.. Sad stuff.

Met some lady from Australia who thought she was at her house today in like the 80s and wanted to go see her son who was 'in her room' but really wasn't there at all.

Some people sit in their rooms blankly and whenever you go in they say they're getting ready to go home, but all the helpers/workers know that they aren't going anywhere.

Worst part is you have to tell white lies to them in order to keep their mental stability level so they don't go insane from hearing different things.

I also met a guy with Huntington's Disease (don't know if I spelled that right), he was really odd. He couldn't really talk right which I don't blame (not odd as in me laughing, I don't do that stuff), and then he'd LITERALLY talk with his hands. They were all over the place. You couldn't sit too close because there's the possibility he's going to go crazy and hit you.

The nurses wouldn't put him by the bird cage because he might knock it over. At one point he broke his cup and it spilled on him, so he was a little pissed at that. I don't think I'm supposed to be sharing this info though.

We found out a lot about him, but it's really hard to talk to them. You have to write down what you learn from them regardless of the legitimacy.

Well that's my story. Starting at another hospital on Tuesday, doing two.
We found out a lot about him, but it's really hard to talk to them

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Made this today- Tell me what you think hockeynut35 2 692 12-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Riela
  TEST HOW SECURE IS YOUR PASSWORD TODAY! Resistance 1 525 01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Last Post: tifenni
  Went Ziplining Today :D Hardware 12 1,169 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Hardware
  Your plans for today ? Prominent 11 1,422 09-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Last Post: iLLusiionsZ
  Started a wordpress blog AceInfinity 12 2,043 08-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Peter L