Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Error Pages,
For those wondering how to create custom error pages for their site click this link http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml.
It explains everything very well.
Hello.

xenocide..Can you please tell me that what is the helpful side of these error pages.
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
(10-23-2009, 02:16 AM)Danger Wrote: Hello.
xenocide..Can you please tell me that what is the helpful side of these error pages.

You can control the output that your user gets to view.
Sometimes errors output something you don't want your user to see/know...
By creating custom error pages you can also inform your user about the situation way better than standard error pages.
This 'Danger' guy is funny.

Thanks for this, I'd like to make custom error pages when I get my host and shizz.
(10-23-2009, 02:16 AM)Danger Wrote: Hello.

Also, it allows you to log/email yourself an error message to let you know that someone has got an error and it may require fixing.

I dont recommend setting up an email error screen for 404 messages as 30% of requests to your site will be 404's.
LockerZ Invite Required? PM Me.
Visit TechBeat for the latest Technology News
[Image: jamzasigniture.jpg]
I did this for a few sites on my server a while back; just made an /error.php?c=errorcode.
First, I quickly wrote a Perl script that added every HTTP error code to MySQL along with the 'definition' (too lazy to add them manually) and then I made error.php (that was responsible for everything) that would show the user what happened and give them a nice message depending on what happened, of course the information was written to a database that I later wrote another Perl script to read through and tell me what went wrong.
a pretty nice solution >_>
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
I tried that previously, thanks for this though
Examples of ones you could rip off:

http://www.plinko.net/404/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to track bandwidth for specific files and pages? dipped9900 1 609 07-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Last Post: 'Snorlax
  000webhost Custom Error Pages Tutorial alabama 12 4,837 11-16-2011, 06:41 AM
Last Post: TalishHF