Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remaining Anonymous from WhoIs lookups?
I'm planning on starting my own forum related to technology discussions, however I'm not wanting my name, address, email and any other details being shown on a WhoIs lookup.

I'm looking for someone to advise me with a good host to go with that provides this feature?

Thanks for reading.
I think the hosting: HostGator supports this.
My goal is members success.
[Image: abidnewglassysig.png]
(06-30-2011, 02:40 PM)Glassy Wrote: I think the hosting: HostGator supports this.
Does it come free or as an extra fee?

I'm aware that GoDaddy offers this feature, but I've read lots of bad reviews about them.
You can also change your registrant details to anything, doesn't have to be your real name.

Joe M. Skaggs
4790 Red Maple Drive
Burbank, CA 91504
323-481-2593
j.m.skaggs@yopmail.com
I'm pretty sure every site you buy domains at keep this info private for like $2, and some are free.
Hostgator charges you for hiding it, you can enter anything in your details feild.
(07-02-2011, 08:19 PM)WhiteHatCrew Wrote: Hostgator charges you for hiding it, you can enter anything in your details feild.
Thanks a lot.
If you buy the domain from namecheap, they offer free WhoIs protection.
Be careful though. If you domain is proven fake, they will disable it. I have had this happen once. What I would do Is look up some name in a random phone book and set your stuff to that.
[Image: linksig.png]
AIM: Link0207 | MSN: Link0207@Link0207.com | YIM: Link0207
Nearly all LEGIT domain sellers have an option to pay more money around $5 to hide Who.IS information.
[Image: signaturera.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hiding Info from WhoIS Search ? Baked 14 3,622 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: offshore7x