Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spider Bites
I have these spider bites that have turned into welts. They itch and leak clear fluid.

They are very very very swollen. I've been using Hydro-Cortisone and Calamine Lotion but neither have proven effective on these.

What else should I do?
If I'm not mistaken, the venom must be removed ASAP, either by sucking or squeezing before it enters the blood stream.

I had a spider bite that went like you described and I popped it, squeezed it till it was empty and then sucked on it and spat out the liquid.

Goodluck.
I'm squeezing out the clear fluid atm, I got them in the morning about 14 hours ago, no side effects.

I'm still going to squeeze it out though.
(06-30-2011, 02:22 AM)The Angry Asswipe Wrote: I'm squeezing out the clear fluid atm, I got them in the morning about 14 hours ago, no side effects.

I'm still going to squeeze it out though.

Yes get rid of all the fluid and it will eventually bleed and then bathe it with warm water for a while. Try to suck on it hard and it will suck it a lot better.

After it's all out and clean, just maintain it's cleanliness and you should be fine bro.

Goodluck.
(06-30-2011, 02:26 AM)SubJectioN Wrote: Yes get rid of all the fluid and it will eventually bleed and then bathe it with warm water for a while. Try to suck on it hard and it will suck it a lot better.

After it's all out and clean, just maintain it's cleanliness and you should be fine bro.

Goodluck.
I'm just gonna get a doctors apt. tomorrow probably, they are too tough to squeeze and it's almost like a brick.
I think you posted this on HF, but bro you really want to go to the hospital!! Spiderbites can kill you if not treated properly and promptly. My advice is seriously, just go.
What kind of spider bit you??
Did it bite you in house or outside? If its in house its nothing since some spiders have venom that stop bleeding so they can stay hooked on their prey for some time. If its outside you should go to doctor! Puts some ice on it and check if there are any fangs in the wound!
Yep, you'll need the venom taken care of. I'm guessing it was probably a Brown Recluse?
[Image: 259.png]
Go to your local doctor, as soon as you can.