Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IDE Drive Primary Secondary Sata Drive not working..
new sata drive not shown in my computer but is detected by bios.. 500Gb sata drive.. I have a primary IDE drive with OS.. sata drive is brand new no os.. in motherboard i placed it in sata1, placed it also in sata2 still nothing shows in my computer. It was detected at startup and driver installed. but i still cannot see it in my computer.. restarted a few times. still the same..
oh.. i found the problem.. i need to format the whole drive.. argh..
Hi ;-)

Prbably i know how to solve this, you need to format it before it can be shown, right click my computer, manage, then click on disk management, and then you will see on the right side your un-labeled hard drive, format it and it will give it a letter and hopefully it will be shown by then.
yup.. that's what i'm doing now.. hehe.. forgot about that.. thanks though..
ive had the same problem just adjust the jumper settings
(10-26-2009, 08:15 AM)Command Prompt Wrote: ive had the same problem just adjust the jumper settings

its not the jumpers for me.. i just forgot to format the drive.. right click my computer and click manage.. go to storage >> disk management(local) select the new drive and format..
I thought that most external drives nowadays, are usually pre-formatted.
That was how it was, with a drive I got quite recently and didn't have to format it.

I couldn't imagine, for example, getting a new 1 TB drive and then having to format it, as it could take ages!
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Um close the thread Mods? Its obviously been sorted???
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,815 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Partition of my hard drive tofayel521 4 1,080 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: King_Cooper
  CD Drive Won't Read Chief 12 2,035 12-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜмσg тιмєz
  Optical Drive and Mobo Compatibility davidmarker 2 893 07-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Last Post: davidmarker
  Hard drive is fudged please help!!! Codad Law 5 1,073 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Boomer