Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to fix monitor
So I got this monitor from my gf's dad. He told me that it stopped working on him a while ago, and that if I wanted it I could have. I thought wth, so I took it home, plugged it into my laptop and Presto! It worked flawlessly. That was last night. I woke up this morning, turned it on, and saw this:
IMG-
Is there any way to fix this?

/Clutch

PS - Sorry about the rotated pic, I took it on my iTouch.
Hmm probably not by yourself, try turning it off n' on a few times. Out of curiosity, what was the resolution?:3
(06-22-2011, 09:41 PM)12/21/2012 Wrote: Hmm probably not by yourself, try turning it off n' on a few times. Out of curiosity, what was the resolution?:3

I did that many times to no avail, it kinda fixes itself after a while and then goes back out??
It's obviously an old monitor. So it could just be old and overused and not work anymore. Maybe ask your local computer fixing store
[Image: vnXBe.gif]
That monitor looks extremely old. Just have them buy a new one. One that would take up less desk space.
It Looks like the Inverter or LCD is going bad.

Unplug it and let it cool off for about an Hour. Then try using it again.

I Have an NEC monitor at my work that has this issue. Its caused from leaving the monitor on for long periods of time. so when i am not using it i turn it off.Oui
Try turning it off and back on?

If that does not work, unplug it and leave it for a couple of hours. Try to clean off the plug, and plug it back in.
Maybe a wiring/ Inside problem.

You'd be better off with a new one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI villasbroker 2 1,058 05-24-2019, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AdilahBisar
  Dual monitor bigkieth 3 917 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Monitor, wireless card and USB devices won't wake up from sleep mode Ruzlier 7 2,826 08-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Mono
  Big Issue with my Graphics Card, or Monitor Razzo 6 1,454 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Razzo
  Secondary monitor (first time) UrugEci 11 1,584 12-22-2010, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Spooony