Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defacement?
Anyone noticed that yesterday around midnight the forums was hacked? Or was it just me? Cause if it was only me... than Uh Oh.
Omniscient has already addressed the issue on HackForums. Take a look: http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=1400120
Most of the Witza network as hacked and defaced. As stated an announcement has been posted on HF and if need be he will post one here.

As a side note things are still being fixed so please be patient with questions, reports and other site related features. It's lucky that we're even up today.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-97104.html
I don't use HF you guys, you must realize that.
yes all of hes site's was taken down by a bunch on immature kids, nothing special all sites are back up now Smile
It was pretty wide spread not just to SF.

Well done Omni for getting us back up so quickly. You were right, it's a childish personal attack on you, they will soon realize they'll never get the better of you.
[Image: 6Z7z1Q6r2H5h7.jpg]
This is from HF:

Omniscient Wrote:This is the only post I'm going to make about this. I will not allow groups hoping to make a name for themselves use attacks against me or our community as a way to gain fame.

Today a group defaced and deleted a handful of site in my network. It was a very simple compromise as I don't spend all day long securing those sites. I know exactly how they entered. It will get fixed and no data was lost.

Witza.com is already online. It's my main network website and also the page where I have members make donations and upgrade accounts. For the record we do not store any CC data. That data is entered at our payment processor and we never see it.

SupportForums.net and MyBBCentral.com are also currently offline until I can restore and secure those sites. It may be a day or two but no data was lost.

On a personal note let's get a few things straight for the record. I personally run and manage dozens of sites. I host lots of them on cheap shared hosting. I keep backups of these sites. I'm not put out by a day or two of downtime. Many of these sites produce no income. Heck some I won't even bother putting back online. I spend 99% of my time working diligently on HF.

I don't claim that I can't be hacked and that my security is 100%. There is no such thing. What I do claim is that 100% no matter what HF will always come back online. I'm not arrogant about my security. I do my best to keep HF online and to keep it secured. I'm a capable system administrator. That's basically it.

Taking down my network sites is like beating up my 12 year old and claiming that I'm weak. It goes to show a juvenile attitude and my guess is that those in the group responsible are children themselves. No adult with any maturity would act in such a manner.

Staff is instructed to junk all posts related to this incident. It's not even directly related to HF. This is more of a personal attack against me. Nothing new really. I'm a soft target so this is why they go after me. I'm exposed. If these people weren't anything more than skids they'd go after someone larger. Instead they target me in a clear attempt to gain notoriety. I'm personally not impressed.

For those stirring up trouble and spreading rumors. You won't get a warning. I'll just ban you. I'm certainly in no mood to hear any crap and it's going to be a long day for me.

Thank you.
HJT Team. Deltron <3 RDCA <3 Quintus <3
Nobody is invulnerable to attacks on the internet, everybody can be attacked
and thats that, eathier it be a SQL,XSS,Adobe or what-ever exploit, everybody
is vulnerable, Skids dont always stay skids, they evolve into actual real capable
hackers, and the group "The Defaced" is just some skid group that wants to hack

enough said.