Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select all link for code and php tags?
Take a look here for an example of what I mean:
http://techlifeforum.net/showthread.php?tid=419#

It would be nice to have the select all link for the code and php tags as it's a lot easier to copy the contents out if needed. You can't use control + A to select everything because that's limited to the entire page of text.
I don't think it's hugely necessary, although it would be quite helpful for the coding section. However the coding sections aren't hugely popular.

I think there are more important changes needing to be made on SF before features like this get added.
On techlifeforum coding is a very active section it seems lol. This took me around 2 minutes to implement though. 2 code modifications in the admincp languages area, and one headerinclude addition.
(06-19-2011, 04:59 AM)Ace Wrote: On techlifeforum coding is a very active section it seems lol. This took me around 2 minutes to implement though. 2 code modifications in the admincp languages area, and one headerinclude addition.

I know I meant on SF, the coding section isn't hugely popular. I can see why it would work so nicely on a forum like TechLife, but I don't think it would be so beneficial here.
(06-19-2011, 05:01 AM)Fragma Wrote: I know I meant on SF, the coding section isn't hugely popular. I can see why it would work so nicely on a forum like TechLife, but I don't think it would be so beneficial here.

It would be beneficial in any case for a forum where the code or php tags get used at all, but I can see your point about forum priority
(06-19-2011, 05:05 AM)Ace Wrote: It would be beneficial in any case for a forum where the code or php tags get used at all, but I can see your point about forum priority

Yeh actually you're right, I suppose it would be quite beneficial. My only thought is that it looks quite ugly. If there was a way of making it look a little neater then I'd probably like to see it added. Then again, I go to my previous point of SF needing more important changes before features like this are implemented. Good suggestion though.
that's easy enough, all it is, is an html tag. You can add whatever styles, fonts, sizes, colors you want to it.

Refer to the link in the first post, i've made it a bit smaller lol. I think the size was what was making it look a bit on the bad side before. But for SF I think it would look nice as that default orange color for this forums orange style.

It can even be added for quotes. Although I didn't find that very necessary
Wow that's actually cool as hell. I think omni should implement this into HF as well.
You can implement a (Copy All) link as well in replacement to (Select all) so that all the work is already done for you, but I think (Select all) is a good balance between what users want to do with the code boxes. You just press the button, and on Windows use (Ctrl + C) to copy it out. You're done.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Color and background of code and php tags? aHardyX 2 653 03-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Existence
  Sugesstion -> Do something with the PHP and CODE colors. TeraByTe 4 770 07-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Beasty New Way to Select a Forum Resistance 2 730 10-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Resistance