Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depersonalization.
(06-08-2011, 12:01 PM)Green Bay Wrote: I would always recommend getting a professional opinion on if you have depersonalization or not, because I am not a big fan of self diagnosis.
Yes sir,I will definitely do that. I really need to talk with a doctor about this though,but I've heared that doctors dont even know much about DP/DR I find that really awkward,but I'll see. I still have alot of hope! Thanks.
(06-09-2011, 05:36 AM)Aridity Wrote: Yes sir,I will definitely do that. I really need to talk with a doctor about this though,but I've heared that doctors dont even know much about DP/DR I find that really awkward,but I'll see. I still have alot of hope! Thanks.
Yes your correct a doctor would not know anything about this, you will need to go counseling. I know someone whom had suffered from this before after seeing them she was good, i know it may not seem like the correct person but it is believe me. I am no professional but i do have a degree in counseling, reason that this will happen is like other people may have said;
  • Not believeing in yourself
  • Death thoughts
  • Not active
  • Family/friend death
  • Not Active

With many more reasons i could be wrong as i am not fully trained to help with this type of thing, but there was just a suggestion to you on what may cause it. If you don't believe in yourself and think your worthless (which i'm not saying you are) then that is rubbish, like i tell everyone that say something like that too me your were born for A REASON not NO REASON!

I'm not too sure if this gave you anymore information or anything, or if this helped you in anyway at all but if you would like to talk more then just PM me.

Cheers Curtiie =]
[Image: agfbi.png]

YEH... I'm a song writer/singer whats your problem.
(06-08-2011, 12:01 PM)Green Bay Wrote: I would always recommend getting a professional opinion on if you have depersonalization or not, because I am not a big fan of self diagnosis.

Quoted for truth. Go get checked. (:
(06-09-2011, 06:14 AM)Anon Wrote: Yes your correct a doctor would not know anything about this, you will need to go counseling. I know someone whom had suffered from this before after seeing them she was good, i know it may not seem like the correct person but it is believe me. I am no professional but i do have a degree in counseling, reason that this will happen is like other people may have said;
  • Not believeing in yourself
  • Death thoughts
  • Not active
  • Family/friend death
  • Not Active

With many more reasons i could be wrong as i am not fully trained to help with this type of thing, but there was just a suggestion to you on what may cause it. If you don't believe in yourself and think your worthless (which i'm not saying you are) then that is rubbish, like i tell everyone that say something like that too me your were born for A REASON not NO REASON!

I'm not too sure if this gave you anymore information or anything, or if this helped you in anyway at all but if you would like to talk more then just PM me.

Cheers Curtiie =]
I dont think that I'm rubbish or anything I have alot of self confidence,but it's just that DP, this is what I feel.

Quote:-Feeling like your in a dream

-feeling like your body is not attached to your head

-feeling high like on marijuana

-way too many thoughts inside your head and cannot concentrate on any of them

-forgetting words

-blurry vision (kinda)

-feeling like your going insane/crazy

- speaking but not hearing yourself speak, it's more like your body is doing the talking and not your mouth...(weird but thats how i can describe it)

-afraid of everything