Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about domains being siezed.
Under what conditions can a company attempt to seize a domain? Only for copyright violations?
It can be sized by your registrar or ICANN. ICANN only tend to get evolved when the american government get butthurt or they notice something highly illegal like a huge botnet. Registrar can generally cut off your domain if they want to for any breach in their TOS.
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
It's pretty rare that a domain would get seized. Maybe if your impersonating them under that domain.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
That's actually what I was planning on doing. I'm guessing Youtube would get made if I tried to impersonate their domain.
I don't think they mean by copy of names I think they mean by copy of sites? Well, I think that only validates for some webhosts, but I guess it could be for the domain to, that's what I think anyway.
[Image: signaturera.png]
To be honest, it was going to be used to phish Youtube accounts.
I'm sure copying a domain name cannot be harmful, leeching/copying a website layout/theme is dangerous, good luck with you phishing tho. Smile
[Image: signaturera.png]
This type of discussion is not allowed, we do not support 'Phishing'. I would advise you not to try and do this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about domain parking Salad 0 460 01-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Salad