Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just formated and it feels great!
Hey SF.

As the title says, I just formated. Why you ask? Because my PC was being like all broken, FF couldn't open SF without it freezing, and then randomly coming back. And all sort of errors. So I thought instead of repairing it, a format would do. So I did it. And now my PC feels great. So now I am wondering, what is some good programs that i am missing? And also what is the BEST (both free and paid) AV? I don't wanna hear "Because it is good, I like it" I wanna hear a HQ answer, to why you think the AV is the best.

What program I downloaded already:
  • Java
  • IE 9
  • Chrome
  • Games
  • Windows 7 updates
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
Flash
Dropbox

Anything from http://ninite.com/?
Avast is the best free AV, it is effective and minimal. The best paid Av, from my experience, is BitDefender. It thoroughly scans and keep your computer clean and in top condition.
[Image: ictcbw.gif]
(06-02-2011, 04:24 AM)★Cooldude★ Wrote: Flash
Dropbox

Anything from http://ninite.com/?
Strangely Flash is already installedConfused, and dropbox isn't something that I need. And the link was very useful. Thanks Thumbsup

(06-02-2011, 05:22 AM)F.ate Wrote: Avast is the best free AV, it is effective and minimal. The best paid Av, from my experience, is BitDefender. It thoroughly scans and keep your computer clean and in top condition.

Avast have a great design, but I don't like the way it scans and protects me. I don't feel safe. And for the bitdefender, i wanna see what other people say Smile But thanks.
A fun program is Piviot stickman Animation, for me it dosent get old. What kinda software are you wanting?, Fun stuff like that or like VLC media player; you prolly just want alot of different ideas uh? As for keeping you pc clean, some good free things are spybot, super spyware, but the main one you need is MBAM. I have that along with eset nod32 AV, you have to buy that(if you want too, lol!)
if ( ( youAreHappy) && (youKnowIt) )

clapYourHands();
I would go with Norton. It has picked up Malware that other AV didn't pick up. I believe there's a free version. Always ways to get the best paid version as well. It has a great scanner and the design is sleek and smooth.
DO NOT GO WITH NORTON its bs software, go with malwarebytes, avg free/paid, then comondo firewall free/paid all together you'll be protected.
AVG isn't good what so ever in my eyes. Misses a lot of viruses that others pick up. Don't care for it personally.
[Image: di-VM1K.png]
Emotional and Xbox 360 Helper
There isn't such thing as a "Best Anti-virus" all it comes down to is personal choice as to what works best for the user, On both my Laptops I've got Avira (as it's extremely light on system resources), Malwarebytes and Comodo Firewall for extra protection.
Thanks for your replys guys Smile

I am currently using Norton in 60 days. I was using ESET once, but well it couldn't scan some files, because it couldn't open them :/

Griffin@ I was using the exact same as you before i formated. But comodo firewall scares me ^^ It says 398403298 things are trying to connect. And maybe svchost is legit, but it could be a infected svchost trying to connect to the hacker. And also Avira gave me some faults. Sometimes it just shut it self down, which made me a bit scared. But until now, i will go with avira, if someone else doesn't come up with something better.