Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS3 - W.I.P
Looking good. I used to use G.I.M.P at school.
This isn't done in GIMP though lol, and if you're looking at digital art i'd recommend photoshop over GIMP every time. I tried GIMP, and although it was hard to get used to, I didn't enjoy the lack of ability as compared to photoshop. I couldn't do a whole lot, but the options seemed less organized too.

Fragma, I know the blue L.E.D is a darker blue on the machine, but here I think it needs to be a tad bit lighter, it's a bit dark there, and the luminosity compared to the green doesn't match. Kind of hard to match the more realistic view, but both on my machine have the same brightness. Just increase the brightness on the blue a tad bit, and maybe give it a 10% opacity of an outer glow? something really light just to help make it match a bit more. Right now it looks like a really dark sticker.
Yeh the lights are actually really hard to get right. I've been trying a few different textures and I'll get there eventually.

It's different to adding lights on Photoshop, as increasing the brightness and outer glow, effects the look in a different way as Photoshop does.
Adding glow, phospherence and other lighting effects are tougher in 3D as compared to 2D. You've done great work so far Fraggy. Smile
(06-08-2011, 01:34 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: Adding glow, phospherence and other lighting effects are tougher in 3D as compared to 2D. You've done great work so far Fraggy. Smile

Cheers. I think I'm going to have a little break from this though, and work on something else. So I might not update this thread for a week or 2.
Alright, but you're adding me on PSN as punishment. Smile
(06-08-2011, 01:47 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: Alright, but you're adding me on PSN as punishment. Smile

I only play MW2 mind. Tongue
I'll PM you my username.
Any game is fine with me as long as we be kickass at it. Big Grin