Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion]Punishment on HF for SF spammers
Just an idea but I think people who come here and spam looking for an award on hf should get something like a permban here and a week or months ban / limit on hackforums. I also think there should be a post made in the rules and announcements section to tell people that coming here and spamming 100 posts in a day won't work.

[Image: 1306860074-clip-5kb.png]
I mean look at this sad kid, Check the time on the left. I'm personally not so much annoyed by the sad kids spamming 100 posts for an award it's that they waste my time by bumping age old topics. Now when I go to help out in a topic I have to check my help will be useful, not just a reply to a topic that the original poster left months ago.

Either this rule or some sort of button that lists threads by last post from OP starting with latest. Thanks.
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
I've just spent ages removing the bulk of the spam from his account, the same message was posted over like six times. I agree that a limitation on HF would be a good idea but it means more work for Omni and I don't think he'll go for it.
(05-31-2011, 09:50 AM)Sam Wrote: I've just spent ages removing the bulk of the spam from his account, the same message was posted over like six times. I agree that a limitation on HF would be a good idea but it means more work for Omni and I don't think he'll go for it.

Yeah I guess, although it is made easier by the fact the spammers use exactly the same username the use on hf.

I was going to suggest a plugin on here that could punish the user on hf and sf but after thought it would most probably require the HF SQL server to have remote access enabled which would be a security risk and would be a lot of trouble. Overall dumb idea.
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
Don't worry about it, suggestions and ideas are welcome here. Thanks for trying it was a good concept.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Spammers Chief 2 728 08-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Chief
  [Suggestion] To stop the HF spammers Stiggie 19 3,318 06-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Last Post: 0xE9
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,385 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,794 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Spammers! DAMINK™ 18 2,713 09-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Eve