Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rules suggestion.
I know Omni make his own rules, and never accept any kind of advices about that. But i think follow rule should be applied to keep the Quality high.

"Don't Post on the threads older than one month".

I see that people come and post in every thread including old threads, and never make new threads. Which is some how decreasing the quality of the forum.

/discuss
Its for the support feather award I bet.
Need website or forum help?
[Image: logo.png]
Didn't Got you? Its for keeping the SF's Quality High.
(05-30-2011, 08:22 PM)Invincible Wrote: Didn't Got you? Its for keeping the SF's Quality High.
The people who spam and bump every topic, They come here from hf to get the "support feather" award.
Yes exactly Sir, but we can't deny the fact that SF's big amount of trafic come from HF, so we can't remove support feather at this time. But we should make it a bit tough to get Quality Threads and Posts.
(05-30-2011, 08:14 PM)Invincible Wrote: I know Omni make his own rules, and never accept any kind of advices about that. But i think follow rule should be applied to keep the Quality high.

"Don't Post on the threads older than one month".

I see that people come and post in every thread including old threads, and never make new threads. Which is some how decreasing the quality of the forum.

/discuss
I don't agree on "Don't post on threads older than one month".. then there would be thousands of the same thread and I don't consider that 'Hight quality' and define old threads, again would you want a thousand of the same topic? Confused
Quote:The people who spam and bump every topic, They come here from hf to get the "support feather" award.
I haven't heard of the 'Support Feather award the entire time i've been here which has now been two days, what is it?

(05-30-2011, 10:33 PM)davidmarker Wrote: I haven't heard of the 'Support Feather award the entire time i've been here which has now been two days, what is it?

[Image: 1306820876-clip-3kb.png]

Its an award on hackforums.net that generally motivates certain social outcasts who are desperate for recognition to come here and spam 100 posts as quickly as possible. A good example of this would be "black ghost" He made 105 posts in 2 hours from bumping age old threads with low quality posts http://www.supportforums.net/search.php?...r&uid=8449.
The simple fact is that this rule will not work. People who come here to spam for the feather do not follow any of the rules, subsequently their accounts are quickly closed. Take a look at the ban list, all the spammers are dealt with.
http://www.supportforums.net/bans.php

It's not the rules that are the issue it's the award, but for now it is staying so we'll have to put up with it.
(05-31-2011, 02:21 AM)Sam Wrote: The simple fact is that this rule will not work. People who come here to spam for the feather do not follow any of the rules, subsequently their accounts are quickly closed. Take a look at the ban list, all the spammers are dealt with.
http://www.supportforums.net/bans.php

It's not the rules that are the issue it's the award, but for now it is staying so we'll have to put up with it.

Now thats a good reply. What if there should be a limit of 8 or 10 posts a day for new users and after 100 posts you get unlimited?
Bumping old topics bugs me, like people still post in favorite car topic.
Oh btw you can close the thread if you want. I got a good reason.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Ideas Regarding The Rules BreShiE 25 8,714 12-27-2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  Force read rules DAMINKā„¢ 21 5,332 12-27-2019, 02:57 AM
  Rules [New Members Please Read] Omniscient 261 143,377 12-23-2019, 02:24 AM
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,073 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Is this against the rules? 0xE9 3 1,326 05-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sam