Poll: Do you think some more awards should be given out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
30 66.67%
No
4.44%
2 4.44%
Only a few
22.22%
10 22.22%
I don't care
6.67%
3 6.67%
Total 45 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Time for some new award grants?
Yes tehre should be a new award giveaway.
I would get any award tho...
[Image: just-cause-2-header.jpg]
At this point i don't deserve any award but it would be great to see an award give away, many people deserve to have some pixels.
As you mentioned that they are given out daily on HF this is because there are more people so more awards. This is a great site but unfortunattly the forum is not as active here as it is HF. But if more awards were given here then soon everyone would have one, meaning it would loose its value. Just my opinion.
Awards are precious like pearls.I personally think there should be poll to give every award.I have seen many deserving members they haven't got a single award yet.
Creative writter award will be great.It's really unfair,people who are new at sf not getting award.There should be watch work of member either he is deserving or not.
I'd happily compile a list.
My answer is "YES"
It would be great to get some awards
I'm planning to promote SF using a Youtube video. This will give Omni a confirmed reason to hand out the Rocket Of Youtube award which, up until now, has never been given out.
I totally agree with you Sam. Awards aren't given out as much. And I have seen people who truly deserve some awards. So I voted "Yes" .
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
I agree with you Sam. Awards should be given out more on this site, the amount of users isn't like Hack Forums, therefore awards are sort of easier to determine who actually deserves them and what not. Nomination threads would be good here, the quality of most of the members would prove for a good thread and actual nominations.

Even new awards would be nice to implement into the forum, just so it brings that "new" factor into play, another way to interest people to join and stay active, not just come here for the Support Feather, that you receive on Hack Forums.

Omni may be busy with his other sites, but he should focus on this one more, I agree. Many members I have seen have been here for a few years and don't even have one award, that is awfully sad. I know they are just fancy pixels to make your profile page stand out but it will really help the activity on this site rise and become more successful for Omni and us, the members. Your suggestion is good and has a solid point, hopefully Omni will listen to you, you do have more pull than other members here, since you are staff. Let's see what happens from here, hope for the best.
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,769 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,527 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,212 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,789 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,528 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity