Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DrivePirate (Coded by Unleashed)
Overview:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK778FBJglc[/yt]

DrivePirate is an application that I coded in vb.net which will scan your computer for drives, and give you information back on them. You can easily navigate to each drive location as well through an organized listview.

Icon:
[Image: iconvi.jpg]

[Image: infodu.jpg]

Main Area:
[Image: mainhk.jpg]

System Tray Context Menu:
[Image: systrayw.jpg]

Fairly simple, and the listview has a context menu as well

Features:

Displays drive information in listview: drive letter, volume name, available space, total size, drive ready, and format type

Size displays are accurate to 2 decimal places in GB. I could have had more, but this made it look tidy.

Can open drive location
Refresh drive list

System Tray -
Run at startup option (Looks for registry value to see whether or not it has an entry to determine whether or not to show you a check or not beside the option)
Open "My Computer"
Refresh Drive List
Exit Application

[Image: anotherinstance.png]

*Multiple instances of application cannot be running. (It will prompt you with an error if you try to open more than one instance of the .exe)

I might not release this one on the forum, and I might, we'll have to see. But the program is pretty much complete so far. People can't expect me to release all of my work here though Smile

Update:

New Version Features:
Save to textfile - creates a "Drive Data" folder within the same directory as the application with a text file containing the information from the list. If the file exists, it will create a filename with a different filenumber at the end.

Automatic detect newly connected drives (USB, and other removable storage)

Update: May 30, 2011
*Fixed a bug with the form loading, and added new system information data to the preview and save to text file feature.
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?av0x70vbjysmsr9

Cheers Smile
Nice job. This sounds very useful ! Great job Thumbsup
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
You seem to be coding quite a lot of simple, yet very useful applications lately. Great job mate, keep it up.
Thanks Smile the download for this will be released in a bit possibly, whether I add to it or not. Just need to find the time when i'm motivated to upload it and pack it into an install or something, or create it as a portable standalone app.
That looks really good Unleashed, I think you just gave me an idea on a project!- not the same, xD!
if ( ( youAreHappy) && (youKnowIt) )

clapYourHands();
That's cool xD, Thank's for the Share Smile.
[Image: skyk.png]
Great to see people learning and posting stuff Smile
(05-29-2011, 08:13 AM)cOld fus1on Wrote: That looks really good Unleashed, I think you just gave me an idea on a project!- not the same, xD!

like to see it in the furture Smile glad I could inspire you to start on a project of your own with a new idea

thanks to anyone else that appreciates this. I'll now bring out a download link for people to test this thing out ,

Update:

Download Link:
http://download550.mediafire.com/xrvacyh...Pirate.exe

Download will be in first post
Looks pretty nice. I bet you could sell this for some money Smile
(05-29-2011, 05:26 PM)Atthackers Wrote: Looks pretty nice. I bet you could sell this for some money Smile

Now that it's already out there, I don't think I could Smile I already released it and one other person downloaded it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  String MD5 Hasher (Coded by Ace) AceInfinity 20 6,266 10-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Greyersting
  Notepad Plus + v2.5 [Coded by Ace] AceInfinity 94 24,150 08-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Scream
  Cheating at Flash Games - Disc Dash [Tool Coded by Ace] AceInfinity 13 5,508 08-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Fuck.
  Quick File Cleaner [Coded by Ace] AceInfinity 24 5,444 07-04-2011, 12:35 AM
Last Post: bckc
  Byte Converter (Coded by Unleashed) WPF Application AceInfinity 21 5,420 06-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity