Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Problem with Internet connection
So after rebooting my computer, I noticed that my network icon in the taskbar didn't automatically connect to my local network (Ethernet) after trying to load a page from my web browser, I tried connecting to a wireless network but it said that the connection was unsuccessful, which usually never happens.

Tried opening up my drive manager, and I had a whole bunch of warnings (!) beside everything in the list under "Portable drives" with the error code 19. I tried looking it up, and I did uninstall and reboot my computer after that. The warnings went away and it said those drivers were working correctly, but I still couldn't connect to my network, or any wireless network. The strange thing was that I didn't have any warnings or errors in my event viewer, and there was nothing wrong with the drivers in the list for network adapters. I tried reinstalling those drivers too just to see what would happen but no avail.

I checked my system restore but I dont have any system restore points in the list, I think I cleared them out to save up some space, which I don't do very often, but I guess this just happened to be a bad time to do that. I tried disconnecting my Ethernet cable and plugging it back in, and also tried using sfc /scannow in cmd prompt. It came up that it found some corrupted files, but after the scan was done it said it successfully fixed all of them, and when I did another scan after rebooting it said that it couldn't find anything wrong and that my system was fine.

I tried checking my firewall and everything, but nothing would have been blocking access, I'm now running the computer without any antivirus because I tried uninstalling bitdefender. (don't really need it because I dont have internet access anyway lol). The only activity I did on my computer since the reboot that changed everything was that I uninstalled Greenbow VPN and I installed a Bioshock game.

In cmd prompt though, ipconfig /all doesn't show me my router or anything for some reason so I don't know what changed that. In network connection manager there is no icon for the router like there used to be, it's just simply

"Computer" - - - - "Internet"

Whereas it used to be:

"Computer" - - - - "Router/Multiple Networks" - - - - "Internet"

Network diagnostics just says there's something wrong with my wireless connection when I did a test for that. lol useless, didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Had some screenshots I created that are on my Windows Machine right now, so i'll upload them later possibly. Not really necessary though, it's just showing how there's no errors in the device manager. Forgot a long time ago that I was going to make a separate partition for system backup if I needed it.
That sucks man.. did your network card crap out on you? Also, Windows7 from what I can tell jacks up when security settings start getting played with. Did you try going into safe-mode with networking? Also, perhaps check the drivers. Just throwing out options..
Ah nevermind, I fixed it, for anyone downloading any VPN Client, be aware of GreenBow, it's a piece of sh*t. The uninstaller leaves a service behind in your local area connection properties, which causes conflicts when connecting to a network or the internet. I had to open my network manager and go through all of the properties to uninstall it manually.

I had a suspicion that it was from that stupid program because it only happened after that uninstall.

Glad to have internet again after 2 hours of fooling around...

[Solved]
(05-26-2011, 09:56 PM)Unleashed Wrote: Ah nevermind, I fixed it, for anyone downloading any VPN Client, be aware of GreenBow, it's a piece of sh*t. The uninstaller leaves a service behind in your local area connection properties, which causes conflicts when connecting to a network or the internet. I had to open my network manager and go through all of the properties to uninstall it manually.

I had a suspicion that it was from that stupid program because it only happened after that uninstall.

Glad to have internet again after 2 hours of fooling around...

[Solved]

Lol I always get scared when installing cheap software that messes with important settings
(05-29-2011, 08:49 PM)Confusedhatter Wrote: Lol I always get scared when installing cheap software that messes with important settings

Cheap? stop spam posts like this for the feather. Greenbow VPN client is listed at 189 € which would have been around $265 CAN. Conveniently you logged off at 100 posts, no more and no less.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 1,011 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet Connection Issues Jangus 2 1,214 12-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet connection issue mack1 1 771 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Miltan
  Internet loses connection when some uses the phone Phisher 1 768 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: diana33
  wifi connection problem magnus1 4 1,131 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sam