Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Quality Content..
(05-20-2011, 07:55 PM)Epicly Wrote: This site is more high quality, other than post from people that only want the feather award. The best thing we can do other than impersonate an admin, is to basically report the post.

You are totally missing the point.
(05-20-2011, 10:15 AM)Hуѕтєяιa X™ Wrote: I do think this site is much more of the higher quality group, compared to Hack Forums. There are just so much more on Hack Forums than on here. So I see why more members would be a nice thing to have, the award does create spammers to the forum and can get annoying, but you will get those odd members who will stick around and see this site for more than just an award, hopefully.

Omni is really busy with Hack Forums, so this forum is more of a secondary site that he made, just for fun, maybe? He also made that pronforums as well, another forum that isn't as active. Each forum collects it's own group of members.

Some things I personally think would help this site would be more awards, groups and content. It's just hard to get those things when the focus isn't on here as much as Hack Forums. Activity here isn't that bad and some of the content does spark my interest, I just usually stalk this forum, compared to Hack Forums where I actually voice my opinion a lot more.

"Quantity does not mean Quality" ~ Sure there's lots on HF, but the majority of it is 1 line posts, spam, trolling, and louge discussions. Here's where you can find lots of knowledgeable members, and the ratios are better in terms of people willing to help other members, as well as the ratio of members to quality posts on SF in comparison.
If I am not mistaken, hasn't Omniscient banned people from HackForums for posting low quality to try to get the support feather award?
(05-20-2011, 09:21 PM)Tha Sneak Wrote: If I am not mistaken, hasn't Omniscient banned people from HackForums for posting low quality to try to get the support feather award?

all evident on the bans page yes Smile

http://www.supportforums.net/bans.php
(05-20-2011, 09:21 PM)Tha Sneak Wrote: If I am not mistaken, hasn't Omniscient banned people from HackForums for posting low quality to try to get the support feather award?

Indeed. He also denies the award in some cases.
Having another award would not work it would encourage more spamming.
(05-21-2011, 02:36 AM)Quintus Wrote: Indeed. He also denies the award in some cases.

In some cases... LOL o.O
I can't see how advertising an strictly legal content site on a site like hack-forums... can be any good....

(05-21-2011, 05:40 AM)Gaijin Wrote: I can't see how advertising an strictly legal content site on a site like hack-forums... can be any good....

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Advertising SF on HF has its advantages like helping it get started, which has worked quite well.
You are all going over the same issue about the stupid support feather, that's not the main issue here. The main issue is that in-order to keep a forum active and interesting new features need to be added, like new awards, groups and competitions.

It's not my place to say that administration is lacking because of the issue of time Omni has, but I really think it's worth taking a few hours out to add new groups, new awards, new features perhaps.

It's quite obvious everyone is getting tired.
(05-21-2011, 06:35 AM)Tha Sneak Wrote: I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Advertising SF on HF has its advantages like helping it get started, which has worked quite well.

For those who have been here a while would notice the disadvantages to that though. And there's quite a few that I can think of after seeing and experiencing others trying for a supportfeather here.

(05-21-2011, 06:49 AM)Sam Wrote: You are all going over the same issue about the stupid support feather, that's not the main issue here. The main issue is that in-order to keep a forum active and interesting new features need to be added, like new awards, groups and competitions.

It's not my place to say that administration is lacking because of the issue of time Omni has, but I really think it's worth taking a few hours out to add new groups, new awards, new features perhaps.

It's quite obvious everyone is getting tired.

I'd highly agree with this post of Sam's

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultimate look from quality content paper for your hand Clarencetew24 0 672 05-19-2017, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Clarencetew24
  HF Content Sam 8 2,029 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Invisible low quality posting? WirelessWave 9 1,610 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Canoris