Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low Quality Content..
We've already discusses this numerous times. New awards, contests, etc etc. But Omniscient seems to be too busy to do any of this because of all the problems at HF.
I would love to be a part of a more advanced Support Forums with more content and more HQ posts and members.
When I joined, it was a bit more active, but now its going downhill.

I remember Omni agreeing to a new "Creative Writing" award, but that has not been implemented yet.
There are many groups which deserve to become official.
Plus, I've been looking forward to hosting a Creative Writing contest soon, but that might not help too much due to the small audience it targets.

Even though it generates activity, I believe the bottom line is that it's almost complete spam for 90% of the people going for the award. Not to mention right after they hit 100, you never see them login again. It's a waste of usernames to the database if we can't keep those users, and that activity does have a limit at some point. Not all users from HF are going for that award, but those who do can't get it twice. It's not a good way for activity here. The forum will die full of spam content if it keeps going at this slow rate.
I always check The Welcome Mat. When the user says he is from Hack Forums on his first post, then I already know what he is after. This is 95% accurate. I have only seen few people from the other forum that lingered here. Support Forums has a lot of potential ... it only needs proper direction.
(05-19-2011, 02:16 AM)Quintus Wrote: I always check The Welcome Mat. When the user says he is from Hack Forums on his first post, then I already know what he is after. This is 95% accurate. I have only seen few people from the other forum that lingered here. Support Forums has a lot of potential ... it only needs proper direction.

Can't we nudge Omniscient in to the proper direction? Seems simpler. Smile
Let me first say;
I was talking to Brandenx781 on the IRC how I was gone for over a year, the day I came back online I was like wtf, was I gone.... o.O
I mean I couldn't notice any changes however, except few new Sub-Forums and of course the beloved Feather.
Only few members got an award, the right ones I must say, but there are still users on here that deserve an award too.

I could continue to count what hasn't changed, but it's easier to say, over 2 years this site hasn't changed a single bit.
So many good suggestions, not only that Omni didn't approve them but he also didn't really explained why... No, is okay for me, but if it's a good idea, one should atleast have a valid reason for not approving it.
I don't know what and how Omni thinks, but I know how I saw and see the forum, it was a nice place full of potential, I think Omni simply lost the will to make something out of this, and I'm 100% sure that will cost him few HQ users (payers), not only on here but on all his other sites.

The staff on here does a great job keeping it spam-free, but I don't see them getting the right type of Recognition, from the Boss himself.

I think I will just stop at this point, as I'm angry and I will offense "someone" and get banned again.....

The feather must burn....
Much love for Gaijin. <3 He speaks the truth.

Just wanted to know. Do the staff here ever chat with Omni about improving SF?
Considering the circumstances, Support Forums needs all the popularity it can get and if that means bringing loads of members from Hackforums wanting a award then so be it. Suggestions to have more sections in Support forums are pretty useless due to the fact that the ones that are already available can sometimes wait days before someone actually decides to post in them. Before people consider what sections we should and should not have and what awards should be available we should instead have a big advertisement campaign which will boost popularity and help keep the forum active with regular posts.

[Image: sinaturee.png]
Quote:The staff on here does a great job keeping it spam-free, but I don't see them getting the right type of Recognition, from the Boss himself.

This.
HJT Team. Deltron <3 RDCA <3 Quintus <3
I'm here to stay whether I get a feather or not.

SupportForums for promotion!
Quote:Can't we nudge Omniscient in to the proper direction? Seems simpler. Smile

We can, and we already are. I believe it is for him to act.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultimate look from quality content paper for your hand Clarencetew24 0 676 05-19-2017, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Clarencetew24
  HF Content Sam 8 2,040 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Invisible low quality posting? WirelessWave 9 1,640 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Canoris