Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 8
(05-20-2011, 06:56 AM)stephen5565 Wrote: Why purchase / upgrade with the latest when you can stay with the current ? Which is the Current is Stable Smile

Yeah I agree I didn't download 8 :p
(05-16-2011, 10:25 PM)Epicly Wrote: In my opinion, Microsoft got lucky with Windows 7. Their just sticking to the same thing again, cause they knew it worked.

I actually agree with this. They had some good ideas with 7. But something's it's hard to believe they actually planned it at all. I am an apple fan so possible bias involved here...
Nice share, From what i've seen Windows 8 is basically Windows 7, just with some very minor changes.
Microsoft is getting to be ridiculous, they just want more money in my opinion, they can't even finish a build properly before coming out with the next idea for a newer OS. Vista should have been what Windows 7 was for some of the obvious flaws in missing the Videos category in the start menu, and Windows 8 has a new and improved logon layout, wooo. Someone inform me when Windows 9 comes out and maybe it'll be worth my money to buy because of some real newer features.
(05-21-2011, 09:55 PM)Infinity Wrote: Microsoft is getting to be ridiculous, they just want more money in my opinion, they can't even finish a build properly before coming out with the next idea for a newer OS. Vista should have been what Windows 7 was for some of the obvious flaws in missing the Videos category in the start menu, and Windows 8 has a new and improved logon layout, wooo. Someone inform me when Windows 9 comes out and maybe it'll be worth my money to buy because of some real newer features.

You're completely right here. Well worded as well xD
lol, I did enjoy the effort you put forth into this thread though, You in my mind are a pretty valuable member to have on the forum. Looking forward to what Windows 9 has to offer though quite honestly, I'll just call it Windows 8 instead for a quick nickname.
I heard the windows 8 milestones were fake and were windows 7 but modded?
(05-22-2011, 01:51 PM):( Wrote: I heard the windows 8 milestones were fake and were windows 7 but modded?

Some were, it's actually a leaked preview of what Windows 7 was supposed to be like, and people replicated that with different theme sets, and logon backgrounds. Including a couple registry modifications that you can find out there. I still make fun of Windows 8 though because people know what it will include based on a few reviews i've seen from the Microsoft corporation itself. I'd say it'll be a bit of a disappointment, and I won't be wasting my money on it I dont think. Windows 7 works good enough for me. Since i have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I don't think i'd want to spend a lot of money to go to Windows 8 Ultimate, otherwise i'd have to go with Windows 8 home basic, which should be fairly similar to the equivalent of what I already have with the version of Windows 7 i'm running.
(05-22-2011, 02:47 PM)Infinity Wrote: Some were, it's actually a leaked preview of what Windows 7 was supposed to be like, and people replicated that with different theme sets, and logon backgrounds. Including a couple registry modifications that you can find out there. I still make fun of Windows 8 though because people know what it will include based on a few reviews i've seen from the Microsoft corporation itself. I'd say it'll be a bit of a disappointment, and I won't be wasting my money on it I dont think. Windows 7 works good enough for me. Since i have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, I don't think i'd want to spend a lot of money to go to Windows 8 Ultimate, otherwise i'd have to go with Windows 8 home basic, which should be fairly similar to the equivalent of what I already have with the version of Windows 7 i'm running.
:OO thank you for the complement Big GrinD
(05-22-2011, 05:36 PM)Diesel Wrote: :OO thank you for the complement Big GrinD

I did say "some" in there I think lol. You have a detailed an informative post though otherwise, good for the information either way.