Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COD Black Ops: Weapons Guide: AK-47 [12/05/2011]
Greetings fans of the Call Of Duty franchise!

I've decided to start a series of short guides on the various weapons that are available in the Call Of Duty: Black Ops.
I will be posting this every week or so depending upon the response by the members. So if you benefited from this guide, or just thought it was cool, be sure to leave a response below. Smile
If I miss something, or if I need to correct something, be sure to give appropriate sources along with your feedback. Lets begin!
Note: The following guide is only for Multiplayer. There is a section for Zombies, provided the gun is available in a Zombies game without cheats/mods

The first weapon I will be showcasing is:

AK-47

[Image: boweaponak47.png]

Type: Assault Rifle (Automatic)
Unlocked at: Level 38
Price: [Image: 8pxcodpointssvg.png] 2000
Pickup Image:
[Image: hudak47.png]
Ammunition: 90 (starting) ~ 240 (maximum)
Magazine size: 30 rounds ~ 45 rounds (w/ Extended Mags)
Reload time (approx.): 2.5 seconds (Not completely empty)
3.25 seconds (Completely empty)
Rate Of Fire (ROF): 750 rpm
Damage: 30-40

BlackChaos' Brief Rundown Of The AK-47
The AK47 is unlocked at level 38 and costs the player 2000 COD Points. This assault rifle is a high-damage, fully-automatic weapon firing at the rate of 750 rpm, and is similar to the Commando in terms of range and ROF. However, the AK47 has a slightly longer reload time than the Commando. Its recoil has a customary upwards pattern, righting itself back to its mean position before the next shot. This can make it somewhat difficult to stay on target at medium to long range, but it is a devastating weapon at close to medium ranges. Its fire rate is moderate, yet the fact that most players tend to burn through the ammunition quite quickly make attachments and/or Scavenger a must for this gun. I will be lining the ratings and my opinion of each attachment in relation to this perk in terms of usefulness.

Attachments
  • Grenade Launcher [7/10]
    The grenade launcher is an effective long range projectile and very useful for the AK-47. Please note, that excessive use of the grenade launcher will lead to player abuse in most online communities.
  • Flamethrower [3/10]
    The flamethrower for most people is merely a novelty. This fact remains true for the AK-47 as there are much more useful attachments to use instead.
  • ACOG Scope [9/10]
    The ACOG scope greatly increases the long range capability of the AK-47, removing any inability of the gun to fire at medium and long range distances.
  • Red Dot Sight [7/10]
    Not as much as the ACOG, but an RDS or Reflex sight is still a very useful attachment for the AK-47.
  • Reflex Sight [7/10]
    Check the description on Red Dot Sight.
  • Masterkey [5/10]
    A decent attachment, but not really useful unless you're on close quartered maps like Nuke Town.
  • Suppressor [9/10]
    The suppressor prevents you from appearing on the enemies radar as a red dot when you fire the weapon. This is greatly advantageous, as you are now effectively hidden. Combining this attachment with Ghost and Ninja makes you pretty much invisible to all but direct contact and Blackbirds
  • Dual Mag [8/10]
    This is the perk which I mostly slap on for my assault rifles. There's rarely a fear for ammo when this attachment is combined with Scavenger.
  • Infrared Scope [6/10]
    I recommend taking ACOG scope over the Infrared unless you have a specific reason, because the Infrared is not as useful as the ACOG as it can be fooled and it covers up most of your vision.
  • Extended Mag
[8/10]
My opinion on this attachment is similar to that of the Dual Mag.

Final Verdict
[9/10]
The AK-47 is among the best assault rifles easily due to its high damage, ROF and great all round capabilities. I recommend this assault rifle on most medium to close ranged maps.

Note: This gun is currently unavailable in Zombies mode.

Which weapon should I showcase next? Please leave your suggestion below.
I like these reviews, and I don't even have Black Ops, I hate it.

I'd like to hear about the snipers, as that's what I usually used to use and I heard they all suck now. Tongue
I don't splel check.
(05-12-2011, 12:46 PM)Scalise Wrote: I like these reviews, and I don't even have Black Ops, I hate it.

I'd like to hear about the snipers, as that's what I usually used to use and I heard they all suck now. Tongue

Alright Big Grin
I'll be sure to try to review them next Smile
ACOG sucks with Ak47 lol
Extended mag and suppressor are the only ones I would use for the AK47.

Grenade launcher 0/10 noobs only use
Flame 5 / 10 depends on the map but i would never use it
ACOG and infra 5/10
red dot and reflew 7/10
masterkey 2/10 pretty useless
suppressor 9 /10 depends on game type
extended mag 10/10 useful for everything Big Grin
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Love the review.
You did a great job on this, & it was nicely put together, Thx for sharing...
if ( ( youAreHappy) && (youKnowIt) )

clapYourHands();
(05-12-2011, 02:42 PM)Untouch Wrote: ACOG sucks with Ak47 lol
Extended mag and suppressor are the only ones I would use for the AK47.

Grenade launcher 0/10 noobs only use
Flame 5 / 10 depends on the map but i would never use it
ACOG and infra 5/10
red dot and reflew 7/10
masterkey 2/10 pretty useless
suppressor 9 /10 depends on game type
extended mag 10/10 useful for everything Big Grin

LOL I had to be unbiased while rating each attachment. If it were just me, I would have given the noob tube -23/10. Big Grin

(05-12-2011, 03:44 PM)cOld fus1on Wrote: Love the review.
You did a great job on this, & it was nicely put together, Thx for sharing...

Thanks a lot mate Smile
You are the best FPS gamer I've ever played with. Well, it was my first time on ps3 but still. You just PWNED them noobs.
I hate sex in the movies. Tried it once, the seat folded up, the drink spilled and that ice,
well it really chilled her mood.

[Image: 506243.png]
(05-14-2011, 10:08 AM)Telhast Wrote: You are the best FPS gamer I've ever played with. Well, it was my first time on ps3 but still. You just PWNED them noobs.

Hehe Big Grin
Thanks mate.
You were the best noob I ever gamed with. <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which CoD did you start with? Black Ghost 100 21,868 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Fifa 13 or CoD Black Ops 2 glitches for xbox 360????????? robgh1 3 1,385 07-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Wonders
  [XBOX ]Playing Black Ops All Night, Join Me. F.ate 8 1,852 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Last Post: chasejjj
  COD Modern Warfare 3: Weapon Guides - SCAR-L [11/05/2012] BlackChaos 0 1,423 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  Highest Round You've Gotten on CoD: BO Zombies? Professor Oak 36 4,760 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Magma