Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Forum Software?
Definitely mybb. I also used PHPbb but it looks a bit unprofessional.
Mybb All the Way...... IPB is Ok
(05-12-2011, 10:07 AM)Mark Webber Wrote: Just like how FB started. Good luck with it bro Smile

Thsts How Facebook started hope it becomes Huge Smile
Im using MyBB
My first and favorite forum software.
MyBB. It is good. VBulletin is also good.
mybb then vbulliten. I've had so many vb forums now Big Grin got a few lisences (legit ones)
phpbb2 was the first forum software I used for a professional forum, and it was simply marvelous, I loved it. I tried vB but I couldn't stand it. MyBB is pretty good too, has amazing features but feels a little simple and unpolished to me, although 3rd party mods and support is outstanding. phpbb do have a substantial more amount of themes available though, both free and paid.
I find MyBB the best one as it's free and very easy to manage. Of the paid ones, I would go for the IPB as it's easy to manage it also.
(12-30-2011, 11:56 PM).360 Wrote: phpbb2 was the first forum software I used for a professional forum, and it was simply marvelous, I loved it. I tried vB but I couldn't stand it. MyBB is pretty good too, has amazing features but feels a little simple and unpolished to me, although 3rd party mods and support is outstanding. phpbb do have a substantial more amount of themes available though, both free and paid.

Although if you wanted to point me towards a PHPBB2 site i'd have it hacked within 2-3 minutes. Which is why I wouldn't recommend that. There's a huge vulnerability in the autologin ID variable.
(12-31-2011, 04:12 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Although if you wanted to point me towards a PHPBB2 site i'd have it hacked within 2-3 minutes. Which is why I wouldn't recommend that. There's a huge vulnerability in the autologin ID variable.

Any idea if phpbb is aware of it, or is there anything they can do about it? Is there no similar MyBB vulnerabilities?
I have tried MyBB
I have tried phpbb
I have tried SMF
I have tried vBulletin.

For me i find vBulletin to be the best by a long shot.
MyBB second only because of usability. Hate the community forums and the staff over there.
The rest dont matter.
Although vB is harder to use than some it does have a very powerful backend IMHO. No end of admin options.
Loads of mods for it and nearly all free (paid versions as well). Good mod support on there .org domain.
A great updater which i simply cant fault. Making upgrades a breeze.
I do find vB has a limited selection of themes though.
But vB has a cool theme creation tool built in that does work all be it in a simple fashion.

The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 929 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  best free forum software Miku 21 4,577 09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Dolan.
  Best Forum Software? Tubby 13 2,327 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  Vote Your Favourite Forum Software of 2012! BreShiE 24 3,739 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: webdev77
  Forum software [Free] eax 10 2,637 11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Last Post: iMoney