Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Short Story] Taken
This is a story about me when I was taken from my mother when I was young and placed into the Adoption System. It didn't happen exactly as described, it was glamorized for the purpose of writing a short story. The following is true though.

I wake up to the sounds of birds chirping and cars moving. Seems like a normal day in the city. Something is off though, but what? As I look around I see what is wrong. My clothes lay on the table, lazily placed. Not folded as she usually leaves them in the morning for me to quickly change for school. I quickly dress and walk to the living room. My mother is sitting hazy-eyed on the couch, needle on the table. Her body is soaked with sweat, and she is breathing hard. Her face, terrifyingly calm just staring ahead blankly. I start looking around for my younger brother, 2 years younger than me he is 4. I find him behind a curtain climbing onto the window sill. I yell at my mother, yelling to get him down. No luck, suddenly he falls. He falls 2 stories and lands cut and scratched into a bush on the ground. People crowd around, my mind races as vehicles with piercing sirens approach the bush. A witness points to my window. I duck behind it. Minutes later a police man knocks on apartment door, my brother in his arms. He walks in, and looks at my mother still on the couch. A fireman walks in then and converses with the officer. I am taken out of my home and taken to a police car to talk to another officer. He asks me questions about what happened, I tell what I can and he takes notes. He explains that my brother and I will placed into child protective services. This was the day my life changed. This is the day I will never forget.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Sad
Sad. I feel the emotion inscribed within this story, and its quite well written.
Keep up the great work and don't let a little dirt get you down Smile
(04-30-2011, 05:13 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: Sad
Sad. I feel the emotion inscribed within this story, and its quite well written.
Keep up the great work and don't let a little dirt get you down Smile

Smile Thanks. I've lived with this for 13 years, it hasn't stopped me and it's not going to.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
(04-30-2011, 08:22 AM)Veryx Wrote: Smile Thanks. I've lived with this for 13 years, it hasn't stopped me and it's not going to.

Great to hear! Smile
I'm here for ya.
I've been through 9 different "families" before I 8 years old. I finally got adopted and "finalized" when I was 8. I've been with the same family for 11 years now Smile and all these experiences have changed me and made me stronger. I wouldn't change my past at all, it's made me who I am. Smile
(04-30-2011, 09:00 AM)Veryx Wrote: I've been through 9 different "families" before I 8 years old. I finally got adopted and "finalized" when I was 8. I've been with the same family for 11 years now Smile and all these experiences have changed me and made me stronger. I wouldn't change my past at all, it's made me who I am. Smile

God bless the people who took you in Smile
They must be proud.
(04-30-2011, 09:05 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: God bless the people who took you in Smile
They must be proud.

Eh, they're honestly one of the reasons I'm moving to Oregon Unsure. A lot of tension at home and a very unstable economic situation we're currently in doesn't help.
(04-30-2011, 09:09 AM)Veryx Wrote: Eh, they're honestly one of the reasons I'm moving to Oregon Unsure. A lot of tension at home and a very unstable economic situation we're currently in doesn't help.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :/
Best of luck mate
Damn bro, that is kind of sad.
I mean you said you don't want to change the past, but still it is sad.
The important thing though, is that your happy.
(05-01-2011, 08:23 AM)Vengence Wrote: Damn bro, that is kind of sad.
I mean you said you don't want to change the past, but still it is sad.
The important thing though, is that your happy.

I'm not happy about what happened, it still has deep feelings for me every time I think about it or even when I talk to my birth mother (I found her a few months ago).

I am happy with who I have become though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SHORT POEM] Silent night. Magma 59 14,022 02-20-2020, 01:23 AM
Last Post: pearl
  Five Word Story Minus-Zero 781 247,871 11-15-2016, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SynorisTechnologies
  [Narrative Story] Empty Creatures Froggy 6 1,721 10-15-2016, 03:19 AM
Last Post: thomasf2220
  Creepy story - Curiosity thespragg 2 1,164 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dubai
  Short Story, don't know if I should continue. Speak 2 1,447 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Dubai