Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A suggestion for the emotional support section, the confession box
My idea is this, because some of us might need emotional support but might not want to disclose personal information in a way that they can be identified (through their username) I suggest that a sub forum be added to that section called the Confession booth where either guest posting has been enabled or somehow the username is not displayed (Omni may be able to make a plugin for this, there might even be one already).
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
I understand your suggestion and think it would be a good idea.

Although, guest posting is a definite no. We could have random people swarming in and spamming the "confession booth" and we don't need that.

If there was a plugin/feature that could hide usernames from that section then that would be alright.

Of course, it's down to Omniscient and what he says goes.

Await his response.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(10-20-2009, 02:03 AM)Skill Wrote: I understand your suggestion and think it would be a good idea.

Although, guest posting is a definite no. We could have random people swarming in and spamming the "confession booth" and we don't need that.

If there was a plugin/feature that could hide usernames from that section then that would be alright.

Of course, it's down to Omniscient and what he says goes.

Await his response.

Of course it wouldn't be open to guests. I agree that it's a good idea, but if only there was a username masking plugin...
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
Yeah, I have been trying to think of a way to do it, it would be good to have it so staff can still see the posters so people are still accountable for what they post. I was thinking maybe have write a condition on the author info that doesn't display it if they are not in the staff member group, the only problem then would be quoting.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
(10-20-2009, 02:08 AM)Tim Wrote: Yeah, I have been trying to think of a way to do it, it would be good to have it so staff can still see the posters so people are still accountable for what they post. I was thinking maybe have write a condition on the author info that doesn't display it if they are not in the staff member group, the only problem then would be quoting.

I'm for the idea though, but again this area should be heavily moderated since trolls might exploit the anonymous posting.

With quoting, I think it would be more like quoting the tag or ID of the post I guess, like that of 4chan maybe? Lipssealed
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
I like the Idea, but it would be too much work for a single section, avatars, posts, join date and rep need to be removed out of the post, same as signatures.

As for guests, it isn't needed, not because of the spamming but mostly like they'll never come back again.
And I think it should also have post count disabled.
I've seen it done, and removed within 2 days. Guest posting is an invitation for spam.
This sounds like a great idea i support it!
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
I don't believe this is a suggestion that we need to implement immediately. This might be something to consider in the future when the site grows.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-20-2009, 08:12 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I don't believe this is a suggestion that we need to implement immediately. This might be something to consider in the future when the site grows.

I agree. It will be a nice addition when there are more members participating in the emotinal part of the forum.
[Image: arch2.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,231 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 759 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  [Suggestion] Debate Section Hуѕтєяιa X™ 8 2,228 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Hуѕтєяιa X™
  Email Notification for Emotional Support Peter L 31 7,970 05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,266 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob