Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Posting my Feedback...what Support Forums needs ASAP.
(04-28-2011, 04:44 PM)Veryx Wrote: I actually came here with the support feather partly in mind. I think we should keep it because we do get some HQ people from HF.

I agree with the Original post and this site does need a kick-start.
As did I , it brings traffic for sure, but 75% id say at least... come to just spam to get the feather.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
Maybe increase the post count? 300 would be definitive, and by then we can surely confirm who are the LQ posters who are here just for the feather award.
(04-28-2011, 10:15 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: Maybe increase the post count? 300 would be definitive, and by then we can surely confirm who are the LQ posters who are here just for the feather award.

Although a valid idea, I believe this would just result in more posts that are spam.
(04-28-2011, 10:17 PM)Deltron Wrote: Although a valid idea, I believe this would just result in more posts that are spam.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too :/
I think one of the best ways to get more members active is to host contests and the like in some of the forums.
I've read through this whole thread, and like many others, I actually find the details in the first post very understandable. They all seem like legit solutions to help create an improved SF future, something needs to start in my opinion. Not much has really changed over the past while on SF. Mods have been removed, and I haven't seen them on a whole lot, I just know that they still do their work in the background. Not sure what happened to Skill though.

The few things keeping SF alive is that feather, and the most dedicated members on this forum. But that won't last forever, you need a new source of SF's motivation to go forwards and it won't always come from those two things.

Groups for instance have been pending approval for becoming official for a really long time now, ever since I started coming to SF really.

(04-28-2011, 10:15 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: Maybe increase the post count? 300 would be definitive, and by then we can surely confirm who are the LQ posters who are here just for the feather award.

This would seem like a legit idea as well. It would just have to take effect for any newer people going for that feather award, and it would reduce spamming because I doubt anyone would want to try to post 300 as fast as they can. Seems like a bit of a stretch.

For all forums, you can't heavily rely on something else to get you activity the whole time. In this case that stepping stone would be HF. Even though it's gotten lots of activity for SF, I really think that we should stop relying on that as the main source of incoming activity.
(04-28-2011, 10:29 PM)Infinity Wrote: Mods have been removed, and I haven't seen them on a whole lot, I just know that they still do their work in the background.

A few new secondary moderators would be nice right? It would show that the administration of SF also shows activity around the forums.

(04-28-2011, 10:29 PM)Infinity Wrote: This would seem like a legit idea as well. It would just have to take effect for any newer people going for that feather award, and it would reduce spamming because I doubt anyone would want to try to post 300 as fast as they can. Seems like a bit of a stretch.

Exactly. I would be hesitant to spam for 300 unless I really liked Sf and wanted to contribute Smile

(04-28-2011, 10:29 PM)Infinity Wrote: For all forums, you can't heavily rely on something else to get you activity the whole time. In this case that stepping stone would be HF. Even though it's gotten lots of activity for SF, I really think that we should stop relying on that as the main source of incoming activity.

What do you suggest then ∞?
I'm saying that because if you advertise on your site, you aren't really getting any new activity, it's just being distributed between two sites that you have. We need external sources of activity by advertising SF elsewhere too. I'm not sure what's being done about that though.
(04-28-2011, 11:13 PM)Infinity Wrote: I'm saying that because if you advertise on your site, you aren't really getting any new activity, it's just being distributed between two sites that you have. We need external sources of activity by advertising SF elsewhere too. I'm not sure what's being done about that though.

Hmm... I'm sure we can all do that ourselves by referring members, but thats too slow and its not enough.
Some people are on different forums and message boards as well but linking back to this site isn't always approved.
(04-28-2011, 11:19 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: Hmm... I'm sure we can all do that ourselves by referring members, but thats too slow and its not enough.
Some people are on different forums and message boards as well but linking back to this site isn't always approved.

by referring members most people go to HF and ask people to join anyways. I mean real advertising on other similar forums following their rules by doing so. Including ads for peoples facebook profiles if they wanted to. Youtube accounts, etc..
(04-28-2011, 11:21 PM)Infinity Wrote: by referring members most people go to HF and ask people to join anyways. I mean real advertising on other similar forums following their rules by doing so. Including ads for peoples facebook profiles if they wanted to. Youtube accounts, etc..

Of course, thats what I meant. Not asking people from HF. I like the idea of putting up the link on Facebook... That has some advantages.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 4,953 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,718 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 438 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,837 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,566 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus