Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left arm
Hey all!
Since I've started working out at the gym, I have noticed that my left arm is weaker and is developing muscle slower than the right.
I was wondering if there is a way to "fix" that so that both arms are equal in strength?
Or is it just natural because I'm a right hander?

Thanks,
101 Thumbsup
[Image: iGvZI.png]
Since you are right handed, you do more stuff with your right hard ( obviously). Try to balance all of your weight and use your left hand more.
(04-22-2011, 10:26 AM)Loukas Wrote: Since you are right handed, you do more stuff with your right hard ( obviously). Try to balance all of your weight and use your left hand more.

When I lift the barbell, it's always my left side that gives in and just ruins it -.-
Would you suggest putting less weight on the left side or would it be better to work the left side harder with a dunbell?
You might want to start slow. If you are used to lifting 30lbs with your right arm, try doing something like 20lbs and see what happens. You might have to work your left arm up to get where your right arm is at for strength.
My right arm has been dominant for a while. I don't want to stop my right arm's process of growing just for the left one to catch up -.-
You need to use equal weights for both arms, even if it means going to a lower weight that is too easy for your right, the left will eventually catch up this way. Also, when doing bicep, tricep and forearm workouts, use dumbbells instead of barbells, a barbell allows your right arm to pick up the slack from the left, which will only increase the discrepancy in strength.
Ok thanks alot Swat! Smile
I got the same problem, when I curl, my left arm runs everything! lol
When I saw the title I thought it had something to do with "My left arm hurts from masturbating too much" Tongue
But it's because you are right handed maybe?
If you're right handed, it's natural. That just means that you use your right arm more than your left. If you want to even it out, try carrying your bags with your left arm instead of your right, or something similar.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]