Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
★ ★ ★ [TUT]Setup your Virtual Box! [Very detailed!] ★ ★ ★
Hello SF. Today i am gonna show you my third tutorial ever. This however is not about scanning for viruses and so on. No this is all about Virtual box.
I am gonna show you how to get a second PC on your main Pc. It can be any OS. Windows 7, vista and XP. Even ubuntu.

Download
Virtual Box

The Start
Start Virtual box. Now you are going to press the "New" button. In that why you can start of with your new OS.
[Image: ikzvT4.png]

When you have done that you will get a message like this. Just press next.
[Image: imGaz2.jpg]

Now come the part where you are going to chose your OS. Now i have taken Windows 7. But you can do it with every single OS. Just make sure the file is a ISO file. Because if not, then it can run it, and make it to a OS.
[Image: imGaB2.jpg]

Here comes the part where you have to chose, how much ram you want in your PC. Normally you would take 512 MB, which is the recommend size. But if you feel like you got a lot of RAM anyway, then don't be afraid of putting a bit more on.

[Image: ik3chs.jpg]

This step isn't that important. Just go to next with the default settings. This is if you want to make the same OS with you already have done. So the file is already there. But we haven't done it so we just leave it like that go on.

Now we are going to put the ISO file in use. It is that file, that you are going to put in your virtual box.

Now this isn't a very important step. Just let it be a default settings and move on. By pressing Next.
[Image: imF4DA.jpg]

Now comes a bit more important step. This is the step where you decide how much GB you want in your virtual PC. The default is 20 GB. But i will recommend having a bit more than that. Please notice if you got a hard disk smaller than 90 GB on your original PC, then i do not recommend doing it, that it could make your PC very slow.
[Image: imF8TQ.jpg]

Now you are almost finished. You need to insert the ISO file, which we are gonna do now.

Now start of your Virtual box!
[Image: ik3g1E.jpg]

You are almost there! Here is the real part where you insert your ISO file.
[Image: ik3i9O.jpg]

Now Press the little thing and the end of the tab.
[Image: ik3cl2.jpg]

Then a little pop up should come. Choose your ISO file, and press Next.

FINISH! Yeah.. You are finished.. Now you need to go throw the normal windows installation Smile
[Image: ik3KSm.jpg]

Files you need when starting a new start!
Winrar
AVG - Antivirus
Java
Updates - Remember to update your OS
If you know any program that is the standard and you think it should be in the list PM me

Thank you very much for reading all this.

Racingrightet by The Stig

P.s This is taken from my HF account Smile
[Image: in0rjy.gif]
This is one of the best tutorials on setting up Virtual Box. Thanks for this.
(04-21-2011, 01:55 PM)Loukas Wrote: This is one of the best tutorials on setting up Virtual Box. Thanks for this.

Wow thanks man Smile I really appreciate it Big Grin
No problem mateSmile I have seen you on HF a lot lately actually. Haha
(04-21-2011, 02:25 PM)Loukas Wrote: No problem mateSmile I have seen you on HF a lot lately actually. Haha

Hehe, what can i say? Tongue
Haha, Yeah right Tongue lol
Very nice and detailed tutorial.
[Image: rara.png]
(04-24-2011, 02:36 PM)ReactioNz Wrote: Very nice and detailed tutorial.

Thanks man Smile I really appreciate it Big Grin
Very good high quality tut right there
+ you included pictures ;D

Good work man.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
Learning in progress...
Haha ;) Thanks man, i really appreciate it Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NORTON.COM/SETUP - NORTON SETUP PRODUCT KEY - WWW.NORTON.COM/SETUP johnussmiths 0 618 12-18-2019, 06:13 AM
Last Post: johnussmiths
  [TUT] Make your PC in tip top shape[/TUT] Stiggie 64 23,200 12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Last Post: DaUB3R
  [TuT]How to Change Log In Screen!! [TuT] ImFocuzz 23 4,483 04-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [TuT]Restore Computer Factory Settings[TuT] ImFocuzz 3 1,201 04-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Stiggie
  [TuT] 13 Alternative Ways to Access Blocked Websites [TuT] JesusOfSuburbia 38 12,661 11-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Xzotic