Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.2 Million Dollars Worth of Microsoft Points Exploited
I know this is old news, but it's still mind-boggling to me.

Breaking news. A lot happened tonight in the world of code redemption on Xbox that has yet to be explained. Through the grapevine this past Sunday night, I heard of a website that gives you free Microsoft Points. Not one of those scams or web offers if you do those meaningless polls, but a new site that requires nothing but the tap of F5 on the keyboard. It does work, through this process gamers have just exploited their way into thousands and thousands of free Microsoft Points each. Now Microsoft knows about it. Curious as to what this is all about? Step inside.

UPDATE: My source has been in contact with a 1-800-4MY-XBOX (a video interview will be out tomorrow). The situation is currently being resolved, however a projected 1.2 million dollars has been lost.

EDIT: After further discussions with Lupo, it has been made aware that his only involvement was making a video showing the website on which it was hosted on. That is his ONLY involvement. He is NOT responsible for the exploit.

Credit for the exploit can be found on http://www.xboxmb.com/

It has been confirmed to be more of an exploit than a hack, the mere changing of an already existing url for a legit 160msp code. This led to an endless amount of offers.

I will keep the name of the website secret as to the integrity of the situation, but I can talk about how easy the process was to obtain all of these points. A reliable source tells me that upon inserting the website into your browser, you let it load the boxes on the screen load. If the boxes have the text ‘live content‘, refresh it until a code appears. Each code is worth a whopping 160 Microsoft Points each, just redeem it on Xbox.com!

This process was never ending, just refresh, rinse, and repeat. There were so many people doing this at one point that the website 404ed. In a matter of 20 minutes someone I know has obtained over $150 worth of Microsoft Points.

Source

What do you guys think? Smile
If you know it is old news, why post it? Yes, it was pretty cool, but when you have over 100,000 people generating 160msp codes bad things can happen.
I thought I'd share it with those who were unaware of who much was lost. I knew there was an exploit, but I didn't know that 1.2 million dollars was lost. That's a lot of money...
Pretty old but yeah, pretty messed up. I remember lots of sites popping up last month/beginning of the month selling the codes $1 a pop
Yes, that's a lot! But nice, we got free crap Smile
I was one of the first 5 people to know about it. It was first seen @ hf with a legit 48 hour generator. Someone cracked it and figured out the website, he then told everyone. I was apart of the whole fiasco but I didn't take anything but two 48 hour trials.
I sold these points and the exploit and made a ton of money. I got about 40k msp total.
That's pretty cool I didn't know about that.
I never even heard of this happening. lol
Is the site still working?
(04-22-2011, 10:36 AM)RDCA Wrote: I was one of the first 5 people to know about it. It was first seen @ hf with a legit 48 hour generator. Someone cracked it and figured out the website, he then told everyone. I was apart of the whole fiasco but I didn't take anything but two 48 hour trials.

It was not first seen at HF lol. It was known ever since Black Ops came out and got leaked.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Fix 0x80d02017 Microsoft Store error code? jackhenry 0 398 04-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Last Post: jackhenry
  Is it worth it? ๖ۣۜHacker™ 34 4,740 03-07-2012, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  My Second Successful SE!! | £80 Worth! ($127) BreShiE 4 628 02-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Crystal
  AceInfinity - New Microsoft MVP (2012) AceInfinity 41 6,900 01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Do you guys think it's worth it? ktmrider530 23 2,432 01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Last Post: ktmrider530