Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disc Not Ejecting
My disc has been stuck on my Mac OS X for days now. I have tried forcing it out, lodging it, restarting my computer. It's not showing up on my screen either. Has anyone got any solutions for me? It's starting to grab onto my nerves.
I'm not pro in this but, is it a portable or a Desktop Computer? If a desktop one, open the case and look in, you may find the problem!
(04-14-2011, 05:07 PM)iMaяiọ999 Wrote: I'm not pro in this but, is it a portable or a Desktop Computer? If a desktop one, open the case and look in, you may find the problem!

Well, it's technically portable. You can just unplug one cord and take it anywhere. I'm not too smart with Mac's and I don't want to stuff anything up. I might take it to someone who knows what their doing, but I don't want to waste any money on something that might be easy to fix.
http://guides.macrumors.com/Force_Eject_..._CD_or_DVD
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I don't know if this works on the drives that come standard on Macs, but if you see a tiny hold beside the eject button, you can unbend a small/normal paper clip and poke it through the hole to force the drive tray to eject.
I had this problem with my mac, i cant clearly remember how i solved it, but i think i was going through some program wich force's to open the CD drive. Try that if it helps at all Smile
Please let me know if it is a iMac or a Laptop.

If this helps keep the Eject button pressed for about 30 seconds and check. This only applies to MacBooks 2009 Aluminium Edition.