Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[HELP] Comodo Questions [/HELP]
Mod if you think this is in the wrong section feel free to move it.

So I get on my computer when I got home and noticed that my browser was acting weird and was unusually slow. I opened up Comodo and under current connections I had about 100 (Normally have about 15) and this is what I saw...
[Image: Untitled2.png]
Does someone know if that is normal for Comodo to be making all those connections? It was under the program name of cmdagent.exe.

My other question is, does anyone know if these files are safe? I have about 500 partially limited files that are under native image and I just don't know enough about it to make an educated decision. Before someone says it, yes I did google it, but it is linked to many different things and wasn't very direct.
[Image: Untitled.png]

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
|Z3R0|
[Image: Sig2.jpg]
Check out these three threads and see if they help you out:

http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5499.0.html
http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,5972.0.html
http://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6160.0.html
Thanks for the reply but that has nothing to do with my current "problem." It's not my CPU that is having issues, it's that Comodo is making a TON of unnecessary connections to the internet which then leads up to it eating up all my bandwidth, thus any program is slow when it has anything internet dependent (Firefox, Email, Massaging, WoW etc.).
Quote:So I get on my computer when I got home and noticed that my browser was acting weird and was unusually slow.

Is your copy of Comodo the latest version? Please check by opening the GUI > More > Check for Updates.

Quote:I opened up Comodo and under current connections I had about 100 (Normally have about 15) and this is what I saw...

"Current connections"? Do you mean "Outbound connection(s)"?

Quote:[Image: Untitled2.png]

It would have been more useful if you included in the screenshot the outgoing file itself.

Quote:Does someone know if that is normal for Comodo to be making all those connections? It was under the program name of cmdagent.exe.

All one hundred? That module is from Comodo, and it only happens when it is updating.

Quote:My other question is, does anyone know if these files are safe? I have about 500 partially limited files that are under native image and I just don't know enough about it to make an educated decision.

You need to tell me under what settings you are running Comodo. There's another way but I'd rather you do this.
  • GUI > Firewall > Firewall Behavior Settings
    • General Settings > Firewall Security Level
    • Alert Settings > Alert Frequency Level (including the ticked boxes)
    • Advanced (including the ticked boxes)
  • GUI > Defense+
    • Unrecognized Files
    • Defense+ Settings
      • General Settings > Defense+ Security Level (including the ticked boxes)
      • Execution Control Settings > Execution Control Level (including the ticked boxes)
      • Sandbox Settings > Sandbox Security Level (including the ticked boxes)
      • Monitoring Settings
        • Activities to Monitor
        • Objects to Monitor Against Modifications
        • Objects to Monitor Against Direct Access
  • GUI > More
    • Preferences > General (including the ticked boxes)
    • Manage My Configurations (the active module)
Lastly, take a screenshot of GUI > Summary.

Quote:Before someone says it, yes I did google it, but it is linked to many different things and wasn't very direct.

The assembly folder contains .NET assemblies, relating to GAC.NET. I suppose you have various frameworks installed thus this isn't an issue of security.

Quote:[Image: Untitled.png]

You may use "Purge", if and only if the things located here are all under C:\Windows\Assembly.

- Yes, Comodo is at the latest update.
- Comodo isn't doing it right now, but I think almost all were going out so that makes me believe that it was indeed just updating. I have set it up to update every morning at 2AM or something and have lately been putting my comp to 'sleep' while I am away so I think it might have just been a catch-up process of updating or something.
- Yes it was all from the module aka ^
Firewall
- Safe Mode
- Medium, all ticked
- Block fragmented and protocol analysis are ticked
Defense+
- All are the native image ones, all 540 of them >.>
- Defense+ Settings...
- Clean PC Mode, adaptive mode under low system resources is ticked.
- Enabled, all are ticked. (Treat unrecognized files as: patially limited)
- Disabled, all are ticked.
- Monitoring Settings, all are ticked on all categories.
More
- Auto check for updates, enable Comodo Message Center, and show traffic animation in tray are ticked.
Internet Security - Active: <Blank>
Proactive Security - Active: Active
Firewall Security - Active: <Blank>
[Image: dasf.png]
Hope I gave all the right info Tongue
|Z3R0|
Very well. You may click "Purge" anytime. Oui
(04-15-2011, 05:19 AM)Quintus Wrote: Very well. You may click "Purge" anytime. Oui

OK Cool, thank you Quintus!
You are welcome, |Z3R0|.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  100+ Cyber Security Interview Questions and Answers in 2022 tk-hassan 0 768 12-28-2021, 11:43 PM
Last Post: tk-hassan
  COMODO Interent Security VS Iolo System Mechanic Professional w/ Iolo System Shield Net_Police_Officer.911 3 2,126 06-04-2014, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL