Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPod Wired Internet connection
Hello, I currently have a jailbroken iPod touch 4g, and I was wondering if there was a way I could connect it to the Internet through a laptop via the USB connector. The wireless network I want to connect to will allow my laptop to connect (because of a certain application running) but not my iPod.
Any ideas?
[Image: austneal.png]
Do you have at&t or verizon?If so i think there is a card you can get thats connected through your service.Good luck hope that helped bro.
[Image: glassysig.png]

It's an iPod touch, so it doesn't have a carrier. Anyway, I'm trying to connect it to this network, through the USB cable.
[Image: austneal.png]
I have never heard of this, and are you trying to connect to yours?
I'm thinking there should be some kinda hotspot app out for this?
I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If you're trying to connect via wifi with your iPod Touch, you'd have to get a wireless router in your house.
(05-15-2011, 11:00 AM)Amp™ Wrote: I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If you're trying to connect via wifi with your iPod Touch, you'd have to get a wireless router in your house.
It sounds like his laptop has wifi internet and his iPod doesn't (for whatever reason - probably due to a MAC address restriction), so he is asking if there is some app/trick that will let him use the laptop's internet access through the white iPod (data/charging) cable.
yeah i know there is a app for this in Cydia, i think its called Mywi
(05-15-2011, 04:37 PM)Tunasty™ Wrote: yeah i know there is a app for this in Cydia, i think its called Mywi

MyWi shares iPhone service internet with other devices. It doesn't let you get internet from devices such as laptops and computers, etc.
Just search it on youtube, Im sure you will find a bunch of crazy ways people manage to do connect to the internet via ethernet cable.
[Image: impulses.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ipod not getting songs marktb68 3 866 05-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Deity
  iPod touch with camera Aero 27 5,143 08-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Behind Enemy Lines
  iPod Nano 3G help.. Abbae 4 1,069 08-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Behind Enemy Lines
  just jailbroke my ipod touch Lunchbox 36 6,949 06-27-2011, 06:03 AM
Last Post: devilpsn
  Lost my iPod Touch..help? :/ Twicks 13 3,374 01-16-2011, 01:30 AM