Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why only 15 pictures?
Well I have been making a tutorial of how to make your visual studio application look good. Well since the topic is mainly about look I have a lot of pics. I have only done two things on my checklist out of like 5 and I have already had to cut one picture out. Well I think we should be allowed ALOT more picture than just 15. I don't even know why there is a limit. Can somebody elaborate on why.

Also link to my topic:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=17783
I think Omni implemented 15 images because of the potential for abuse. He could however make a special usergroup that has a greater amount. This group would be for people like you who make guides.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
There was originally only 10 images allowed, but after a similar thread to this, Omni raised it to 15. I think 15 is a very fair amount, and raising it higher isn't necessary. Just cut down on the amount of images you use.
I hit the limit with a tutorial I was making too. Just get them hosted and have the links available. I doubt people are too lazy to click a link.... at least I hope not...
I don't splel check.
How about splitting them into two post?
So you have 30 pics max.
Another alternative is to make your whole tutorial as one image. I don't think the limit will be raised though.
Yes thats hard to do becuase of the type of tutorial.
15 is fair. If it's been raised before then I doubt it will be changed again.
I still think Omni should make a "Tutorial Guru" group or something and raise the limit only for them. I can think of a few guides tht would require more than 15 images.

or as mycroft said, spread it over 2 posts.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
(04-11-2011, 01:15 PM)Veryx Wrote: I still think Omni should make a "Tutorial Guru" group or something and raise the limit only for them. I can think of a few guides tht would require more than 15 images.

or as mycroft said, spread it over 2 posts.

I've written a lot of in depth tutorials for SF and never found myself needing more than 15 images, and most of my tutorials are for the graphics section, where images are needed in my opinion more than any other section.

Either cut down on the images, spread it over 2 posts, or make the whole tutorial one image.
There really isn't a need to increase the limit.