Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wizard Forums
Wizard Forums is a forum related to philosophy, psychology, science mixed with some spiritual background, and all kinds of esoteric arts.
You can check it at http://wizardforums.com
I'd like to hear theme design opinion, as well as your personal opinion about the subject/s of the forum.
Thanks.
I really like the Theme.. as far as the subjects, it's really not my cup of tea so I really couldn't give an opinion.
A very organized theme. I like it all but the banner. Other than that, the forum looks like it has some great potential.
The theme looks fairly basic to me, there's no real variety within the colors being used for the one you have, so the color range is less diverse. But you've concentrated the forums and kept everything simple. The forum idea is not exactly what i'd be interested in though, and the forum logo to me looks pretty bad.

It's decent though, right now I would say it's at around a 6.5/10 so there's room for improvement. Mostly lacking in the visual aspect, and uniqueness. Plain forums like this are harder to give a reputation to, as opposed to the unique ones that have unique sections.

I've seen people attach blogs to forums and things like that. Since your forum is mostly going to be based on philosophical writing, I think you should look into doing something like that for the forum.
I like the theme and the idea has potential, but I personally don't think it'll interest many people honestly. Many members seem to have joined because they know you from HF/MF. That is not bad, but some people may only join to suck up to you.

Edit:
After more reviewing, I do like the idea. However, you are attracting a HORRIBLE crowd. Notice how you have 500 posts in one day? People are joining and posting very stupid threads. I'm unsure if you want that, but if you are aiming for high quality and interesting discussions you cannot publicly advertise it on places like HF.
I don't like the theme, it's looks really simple. People who are registered there are posting really LQ posts, threads. I think that forum won't grow up. There isn't anything interesting, fun.. Maybe it will be if the admin add more sections.

-John*.
Theme isn't fitting at all.
(04-09-2011, 12:35 AM)John* Wrote: I don't like the theme, it's looks really simple. People who are registered there are posting really LQ posts, threads. I think that forum won't grow up. There isn't anything interesting, fun.. Maybe it will be if the admin add more sections.

-John*.

Adding more sections wouldn't help at all.

Theme isn't doing it for me, and the banner is quite poor.
I'll post a more in depth review tonight.
Yeah, it's definitely the visual of the site that is repulsive to me. But there's no real attraction in the idea of the site either, even though philosophical discussions can be interesting sometimes. What makes the forum different than any other forum?
(04-09-2011, 04:37 AM)Infinity Wrote: Yeah, it's definitely the visual of the site that is repulsive to me. But there's no real attraction in the idea of the site either, even though philosophical discussions can be interesting sometimes. What makes the forum different than any other forum?

I have never seen a board like this and to be honest I like the idea. The userbase he is attracting just isn't appropriate.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Learn how to become a wizard! King 6 946 05-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Diabolic