Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Solution to a Cheap Green Screen
So a lot of green screens out there can run you maybe $50, give or take. And getting your own green fabric can be expensive if you're looking for enough for a full body shot. Some people just use bed sheets, but I don't have any green bed sheets nor do I want to look for any.

Instead I went and found this green kind of poster paper, it's really thick and heavy so it's pretty stable and won't tear too easily. And I found some green duct tape that was close to the color. Each sheet of paper was about 3ft by 2ft so I bought 8 of them for a dollar each, just enough for my purposes. The duct tape cost $5. So when I tape them all together it will be about 4 feet by 12 feet.

[Image: greenscreen.jpg]
(Will post another picture later when it's all taped together)

So this is pretty much the cheapest green screen you can make for $13. Albeit, it may not last that long considering it's just thick paper, but you could make one four times the size (300 square feet) of this one for the average price of a 9 by 15 green screen. But for my purposes, considering I only need it for this weekend, it was a very good alternative.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Not bad man... It is really a better a cheaper alternative for your situation.
However, I think painting the Wall itself with green color, could be cheaper in long terms, or maybe use green wallpapers, if you can find such green. Blue would work fine aswell.
Certainly. I don't have any good walls to paint without some major rearrangement of furniture. If I did though, and needed the screen for the future, then I undoubtedly would have a wall dedicated to my video shenanigans. Tongue
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Nice one. Green screens can be very pricey so you've done well to create your own on the cheap.

You should post up some of your work.
Yeah I know what you mean...
Next week I got to take some photos of a dude, for whom I'm creating a Website, I will need the green screen too, cause he wants pictures to be like he is already a big Hip-Hop star... Big Grin Ghettobackground, Explosions and such lol stuff.
Gotta go your way, for now... It's cheap and easy removable, as I will not be needing one the next few months ;)
Good idea, I might do something like that when I start filming.

Inventor1
This was a Fantasic Idea
I never thought of that.
Ima share this around my friends.
this is very creative man i might try this out
Thats pretty smart i used to edit with pinnacle 10 like 5 years ago that would have worked perfect.
Nice Idea, good luck with it.

I'm going to try it too. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Green screen questions Miku 8 1,345 03-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Last Post: ultimatehostings