Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone on meds?
Too bad. being dpressed is bad Sad
Support the best of ideas ----->

- http://www.vinceking69.blogspot.com -
Thanks for the advice guys. It does mean a lot.

Truth be known i am currently on a "bad turn" if you could call it that.
On my second day off work just because i dont want to go. (a very typical sign for me)
Been drinking from breakfast to dinner. <-- I know. How the hell is that supposed to help!!
Hard to say to be honest but i woke up this morning and actually realized im in the middle of a bad one and i think i do perhaps need to deal with it professionally.
Sucks to say it but i guess a bit of what Omni said also hit home. Me and wifey have been fighting a bit and no doubt because im being an ass.
Again thanks for the advice and i am going to take it. Will book in to see a new doc today.
Thanks again guys.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I take medication for depression and slight bipolarity.
I take Zoloft for my PTSD.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I took adderall for a couple years from like age 8-10 for my "ADHD" which was honestly a really terrible diagnosis.

Anyway, I haven't taken anything but the occasional aspirin since.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

lol I was diagnosed with ADD. I never took the Adderall for it. It was a misdiagnosis. I was diagnosed at like 6 or 7. What ever happened to a kid being a kid and just being hyper and having the attention span of a fruit fly? BRB something shiny just went bouncing down the hall.

Edit: Back.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-19-2009, 02:41 PM)Grizzly Wrote: lol I was diagnosed with ADD. I never took the Adderall for it. It was a misdiagnosis. I was diagnosed at like 6 or 7. What ever happened to a kid being a kid and just being hyper and having the attention span of a fruit fly? BRB something shiny just went bouncing down the hall.

Edit: Back.

Yeah, I can understand how some parents need a little child psychology for them to understand how children normally act and should act. Children in general need room to explore, that's why at younger ages, time seems to move slow since there are a lot of new and interesting things to discover everyday, unlike middle agers to geriatrics who think that time moves too fast since they don't learn and explore as much in their respective age groups. Blackhat
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
My father was on Lexapro. It gave him suicidal thoughts. He went in my room one day and shut the door. I could hear him take the lock off of my shotgun. He sat near the door crying to himself. I did not know what to do. I knew an argument between my parents started it but I wasn't expecting it.

He is now on Cymbalta and he's a lot happier. I hate medication for that reason. It almost killed my father. I would have lost him in a bad way. I'll end this by repeating that I hate meds with a passion.
[Image: arch2.png]
(10-19-2009, 04:37 PM)ProspectDotNet Wrote: My father was on Lexapro. It gave him suicidal thoughts. He went in my room one day and shut the door. I could hear him take the lock off of my shotgun. He sat near the door crying to himself. I did not know what to do. I knew an argument between my parents started it but I wasn't expecting it.

He is now on Cymbalta and he's a lot happier. I hate medication for that reason. It almost killed my father. I would have lost him in a bad way. I'll end this by repeating that I hate meds with a passion.

Your health care provider should have monitored your father closely during his Lexapro treatment regimen. Every health care provider should know that people with MDD and GAD that take antidepressants tend to have an increased ideations of suicide and self-destruction. I'm just glad your dad didn't pull the trigger.

Here's some more info on Lexapro studies: http://www.lexapro.com/about_lexapro/what_is.aspx

I haven't heard or have experience with patients using Cymbalta. Might have to look into that.

Please don't hate the meds, they do help aside from other treatment modalities, hate the health care providers who aren't responsible enough when giving meds to their patients. Have a nice day. Blackhat
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Quote:My father was on Lexapro. It gave him suicidal thoughts.

I took that for about 2 months. I didn't like it. Gave me an upset stomach and I never felt "good".
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.