Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About bumping/gravedigging?
There is no rule on it, but I think there should be. If it is a good discussion that died down sure a bump is fine to get it going again. But if it were a small thread or a support thread that was posted 3+ months ago and the OP is no longer even active than bumping shouldn't be allowed.

What does everyone think?
I ignore gravedig reports for now. For me, it's not a problem.
What if the gravedug post is completely spam? Will you delete the post or lock the topic?
(04-05-2011, 04:40 PM)Laugh Wrote: What if the gravedug post is completely spam? Will you delete the post or lock the topic?

Well... DUH!!! Of course it is going down the drain.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
I'll trash the post, yes.
theres nothing wrong with it to be honest just when people bump too much
There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread. Personally I doubt Omni would enforce much of a rule on it because it encourages more activity, as long as the bumping doesn't turn into spam.
Well I still report them, I hate people who grave dig, like 90 percent of the time it was a lq post as well.
(04-05-2011, 05:36 PM)RDCA Wrote: Well I still report them, I hate people who grave dig, like 90 percent of the time it was a lq post as well.

Well.. Sometimes you don't have a lot of options in what to say when you still need comments on a topic. But you'll notice the spam bumping when they bump within the first day or so for no reason. I admit I bumped my thread that I created for a Linux issue I was having, but it consisted of newer updated information that could possibly help the replier solve my problem with the freezing.
(04-05-2011, 05:31 PM)Infinity Wrote: There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread. Personally I doubt Omni would enforce much of a rule on it because it encourages more activity, as long as the bumping doesn't turn into spam.

Yes, that was my point. When I click "View new posts" to reply to everything that interests me and I see 40 new posts with the latest reply from one same new member I get angry. I want to contribute and read new things where I can help or learn from the OP.

(04-05-2011, 05:36 PM)RDCA Wrote: Well I still report them, I hate people who grave dig, like 90 percent of the time it was a lq post as well.

Yup.

(04-05-2011, 06:01 PM)Infinity Wrote: Well.. Sometimes you don't have a lot of options in what to say when you still need comments on a topic. But you'll notice the spam bumping when they bump within the first day or so for no reason. I admit I bumped my thread that I created for a Linux issue I was having, but it consisted of newer updated information that could possibly help the replier solve my problem with the freezing.

Perfect example of a good bump.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Life Support] Bumping Old Thread? Metapod 2 713 04-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Metapod
  Thread bumping Peter L 9 2,120 12-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Omniscient