Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Rock and Metal Thread
Come on, I know there's some metalheads on SupportForums! Post your favorite rock and metal bands. I don't care how heavy it is, we just need a place to discover some good rock music instead of drowning in all these hiphop threads. [Image: headbang.gif]

Last night I discovered a whole bunch of awesome bands. Most of them are undiscovered European bands, that I think have a ton of potential. Definitely buy their music.

Epic music in the spoiler below.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
I don't like any of this music and it's pretty soft Huh

Here's some of my favorite hard stuff: (Click to View)
(04-03-2011, 02:07 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I don't like any of this music and it's pretty soft Huh

To me a lot of the heaviest stuff sounds the same to me, with really little flavor if you get what I mean. Which is why I tend to lean to slightly softer stuff that has a bit more of a unique punch to it, especially if there's some sort of electronic stuff going on in the background and a mix of Killswitch Engage-esque vocals. However I did like the Architects, Emmure, and The Acacia Strain videos in your post, to me they have just enough style to separate themselves well from the other metalcore/hardcore/etc. you posted.

I have harder music in my collection as well, but those few bands I posted are really unknown and I'd like to help them grow through word of mouth.
(04-03-2011, 02:51 PM)JDBar Wrote: To me a lot of the heaviest stuff sounds the same to me, with really little flavor if you get what I mean. Which is why I tend to lean to slightly softer stuff that has a bit more of a unique punch to it, especially if there's some sort of electronic stuff going on in the background and a mix of Killswitch Engage-esque vocals. However I did like the Architects, Emmure, and The Acacia Strain videos in your post, to me they have just enough style to separate themselves well from the other metalcore/hardcore/etc. you posted.

I have harder music in my collection as well, but those few bands I posted are really unknown and I'd like to help them grow through word of mouth.

I know what you mean. I used to think the same thing, although once you start listening to a band more you realize how different it sounds from everything else.

I highly suggest you check out Defeater more. Although they may sound boring/plain/unoriginal they are great. What really stands them out from everyone else is their lyrics. They're actually meaningful unlike most artists'. Each song is an addition to part of a larger story.
Quote:I highly suggest you check out Defeater more. Although they may sound boring/plain/unoriginal they are great. What really stands them out from everyone else is their lyrics. They're actually meaningful unlike most artists'. Each song is an addition to part of a larger story.

I'll be sure to check them out more.

I was looking for some more music today, specifically searching for more melodic metal when I came across The Human Abstract. Admittedly, I really love the vocals and the guitar lick repeated throughout the song.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9e0NXu3lRo&feature=related[/youtube]
(04-03-2011, 06:19 PM)JDBar Wrote: I'll be sure to check them out more.

I was looking for some more music today, specifically searching for more melodic metal when I came across The Human Abstract. Admittedly, I really love the vocals and the guitar lick repeated throughout the song.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9e0NXu3lRo&feature=related[/youtube]

Not bad, pretty repetitive though, which kinda pisses me off lol
You ever listen to Drop Dead, Gorgeous?
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQQwJgD4lZw[/yt]
Some songs I've been listening to lately...

I don't splel check.
(04-03-2011, 06:44 PM)Scalise Wrote: Some songs I've been listening to lately...

Great stuff, I usually listen to most of it. Can you post the war from the harlots mouth song with the machine gun breakdown? You showed it to me before but I don't remember what it was.
(04-03-2011, 06:52 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Can you post the war from the harlots mouth song with the machine gun breakdown? You showed it to me before but I don't remember what it was.

Yeye

I don't splel check.
(04-03-2011, 07:15 PM)Scalise Wrote: Yeye

Yessss PirateDevlishDevlishPirateCoolOuiDevlishPirateYeyePirateOuiDevlish

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motherfuckin' metal thread BacklTrack 27 4,183 07-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Don Corleone
  Are you shuffling?! LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem Untouch 4 1,419 07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Firetech
  Good headphones for Hard Rock / Metal Psychosis 10 3,673 04-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Mao
  30 Rock Omniscient 17 2,789 02-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Last Post: Eve
  Favorite Rock Song? - Disruption - 6 1,225 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Slug