Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My school is garbage.
Our school is terrible. I swear to god anyone with a bachelors can just walk in. We have some of the most incompetent people work here, I can't believe some of them even made it through college.

And now I heard news of our school laying off 40 teachers. Alright, sounds good, get rid of the morons. But no, we're dropping those in subject we deem "unncessary". Automotive, gone. Electronics, gone. Alright, fine, they're only electives. But then PHYSICS?! Gone too. What is going on here? We're losing teachers that know what they're talking about, and deserve to teach. Teachers with 10+ years are exempt from this layoff, but they're the ones that don't know what they're talking about!

In the past 4 years at this school things have stayed the same, and I could tell you, by Senior year you really don't learn much anymore. At least with how we're doing it. Now they're changing our testing policies, graduation requirements, and our actual schedules. You can tell they're starting to panic.

It's really sad to look at the freshman and see what they're going to have to put up with. And I'm beyond relieved to get out of this sloppy establishment.

Sorry for this rant, I just had to get this out there. SO MUCH FOR EDUCATIONAL REFORM OBAMA. Dumbass.....
I don't splel check.
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully they realize their errors and improve.
This is terrible. Can the PTA do something about it?

I know my dad would object to canceling Physics.
I feel you. It's completely horrible.
PTA meeting is next week I believe, but this is a result of our board of ed not taking action when it needed to. At the beginning of the school year, the board offered pay cuts to teachers in order to secure their jobs and prevent this (now) from happening. But of course, the majority of teachers at the school have been there for these 10 years, and so they would obviously vote it down. And the board was fine with that. And now with little warning they finally drop the hammer without even thinking about what they're doing.

I take physics and to be honest, it's one of the only classes I feel I benefit from. Not to mention we have specialized physics equipment for our labs and such, talk about money going to waste.

This board needs to think before they make these rash decisions. I'm about to go to this meeting and speak my mind, because this is ridiculous. Regardless of me graduating this year and it's no effect on me, education is important and our school is just throwing it away. Nono
I don't splel check.
(03-31-2011, 04:21 PM)Scalise Wrote: I'm about to go to this meeting and speak my mind, because this is ridiculous. Regardless of me graduating this year and it's no effect on me, education is important and our school is just throwing it away. Nono

Absolutely, there needs to be dissenting student voices on the record. Although I never enjoyed physics, in hindsight I can see how important it is in developing science-minded thinking. Also, the end of vocational electives will be detrimental to students who are technically rather than academically skilled.

Make a list of points, so that your speech is calm and orderly. People listen when statements are made briefly and without emotional outbursts. If you put it in writing, you can also send it to the editor of a local or community newspaper.

Most of the time its the students stopping the teacher from teaching.
Don't get me wrong, when I was in school there were a few which I'm sure I knew more then, but sometimes the teachers are just more suited to a university environment (or a primary school!!)
Isn't Physics mandatory? In Georgia you have to take it to graduate... That's some fudged up crap...
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
(03-31-2011, 07:25 PM)Gadget Wrote: Isn't Physics mandatory? In Georgia you have to take it to graduate... That's some fudged up crap...

Here we have credit requirements, which I guess is nice when providing students freedom to take whichever classes they want. But even then, I thought physics was standard? I believe we only need 2-3 full years of a science class. 1 year is a required lab science (bio, chem, physics etc.)
I don't splel check.
Lol yea, our school is pretty bad. Our computer science teacher is a moron and so is our english teacher. I havent learned much in like a year. Theyre nice people, theyre just horrible at teaching and running a class. Cutting that many teachers from our school district is not going to go well. Theyre laying off Mr. Brookes too (our orchestra/band/music theory teacher).

Our system is going to be even messier.